Tied

Dashi sighed, and held her head. Then she turned to the patch of brown on the ground beside her. "At least we managed to stay together this time."

Shellington got up, and brushed his fur. "At least we left Tunip at home. Otherwise, I doubt we could manage that."

Standing up to get her bearings, Dashi spotted a large, brown structure nearby. "Hey Shellington. Look at that!"

"A ranger station." Shellington observed. 

"Do you think there's someone there who could help us?"

"Could be."

The brown-furred duo hustled up the steps and knocked on the dor. No answer.

"Try again." Shellington encouraged.

Just as Dashi raised her paw to knock once more, a familiar voice rang out through the tress.

"Dashi! Shellington! Thank goodness you're alright!"

Barnacles rushed up to them, and quickly accepted Dashi's hug. A female cat, dressed in rather fancy garb and carrying a parasol, stepped up behind him, smiling in a calm manner. "here are your friends...but where is my little brother?" Her face quickly turned to worry, looking almost out of place on her lovely, but stern, face.

Barnacles' joy didn't last long. "Come on." He led Dashi and Shellington away from the house. "We have to find Kwazii and the other's, before Kimber has a heart attack."

Kameron was everything Kimber wasn't. He was certainly dressed for the jungle, in a leather jacket and casual clothes, consisting of a red shirt and green khakis. His boots were already covered in mud, despite being up in the trees most of his day.

And he was wearing a big old smile to match it all.

Kwazii allowed himself to be swept into his brothers playful, joyous, one-armed hug. "Somehow, it's great to see you again!" Kwazii chuckled as Kameron sowed him with 'brotherly love,' AKA: ferocious head ruffling. Kameron laughed. "I could say the same, you little squirt!"

"I'm not a squirt!" Kwazii pushed him away. "Where's Kimber?"

"Why are you worried about stiff old Kimber when you can hang out with your awesome big brother...which you are lucky to have by the way."

"Don't start, Kameron, this is serious! My friends could be in danger." Kameron followed his brother, confusion written all over his face. "You brought friends? You mean those Octonaut guys?"

"Yep." Kwazii looked around. It was all a mesh of greenery. "And I never told them about you-"

"Hey!"

"-or Kimber, so please try to make a good first impression."

"Fist impression are often wrong." Kameron replied cryptically. "I know I often seem like a laybacker, but I read a lot."

Kwazii rolled his eyes. Hopefully, Kimber wasn't too far away. he didn't want them to erupt in front of his friends. He really respected the captain.

"Look," Kwazii hopped onto another branch, his older brother following dutifully behind. "I know you're my brother and all, and we love each other like that. But PLEASE, be nice to Kimber. I'm the second in command-well, sort of..."

"Sort of?"

"I'm really trying to make a good impression on the captain while still being myself, like you and Kimber wanted." It was easy to tell who wanted what from Kwazii. "I don't want you two to ruin it by fighting with each other. You know how I feel about it when you fight on your own. I don't need you making our family look like...like...like incompetents in front of my captain."