Polyjuice Potion

Rosabella's Point of View:

We stepped off the stone staircase at the top, and Professor McGonagall rapped on the door. It opened silently and we entered. Professor McGonagall told Harry and I to wait and left us there, alone.

One thing was clear. It was a large and beautiful circular room, full of funny little noises. A number of curious silver instruments stood on spindle legged tables, whirring and emitting little puffs of smoke. The walls were covered with portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses, all of whom were snoozing gently in their frames. There was also an enormous, claw-footed desk, and, sitting on a shelf behind it, a shabby, tattered wizard's hat - the Sorting Hat.

I couldn't help but look around.

Dumbledore had some interesting stuff. I don't know what half of it is but it's still interesting. I looked round and saw Harry had the Sorting Hat on his head. He suddenly pulled it off and put it back on the shelf.

"You're wrong." he said aloud to the still and silent hat.

It didn't move. Harry backed away, watching it.

"Harry?" I asked, raising a questioning eyebrow.

Harry looked at me and then looked down, as if he was ashamed. I walked over to him and grabbed his hands. I held them intill Harry looked at me. I gave him a soft and kind smile. Harry let out a shakey breath.

"The - the Sorting Hat nearly put me in Slytherin. I'm only in Gryffindor because I asked to be. The hat said I would of done great in Slytherin." Harry said, miserably.

I sighed and shook my head slightly, still smiling.

"Harry . . . Slytherin isn't the house for the evil and the wicked. Its the house for the cunning and ambitious. Not all Slytherins are Malfoy or Crabbe or Goyle. There are decent people in that house, they're just overshadowed by the bad because that's what people focus on. My Aunt Andromeda was a Slytherin and she's one of my favourite people in the world. She was disowned from the Black Family because she fell in love with a muggle born and married him. Does she sound terrible to you? Every house has their good and bad aspects.
Ravenclaws are smart and logical but some can be closed minded.
Hufflepuffs are patient, kind, hardworking and accepting. Because they would accept anyone they get people who don't share those values. Ernie is coming to my mind at this moment.
Slytherins are ambitious and cunning but some can be cruel, wicked, self serving and evil.
Gryffindors are brave, loyal and courageous but some can be arrogant, pompous and egotistical.
Every house has its good and bad people." I said to Harry.

Before Harry could respond we heard a strange, gagging noise behind us that made us wheel around.

We weren't alone after all. Standing on a golden perch behind the door was a decrepit - looking bird that resembled a half - plucked turkey.

Harry and I stared at it and the bird looked balefully back, making its gagging noise again. It looked very ill. Its eyes were dull and, even as Harry and I watched, a couple more feathers fell out of its tail.

"What's happened to you?" I said softly, walking slowly over the bird.

The bird suddenly burst into flames. I gaped at the flaming bird in shock.
Harry yelled in shock and backed away into the desk. We looked feverishly around in case there was a glass of water somewhere but I couldn't see one. The bird, meanwhile, had become a fireball. It gave one loud shriek and next second there was nothing but a smouldering pile of ash on the floor.

Harry and I looked at each other in shock and panic. The office door opened. Dumbledore came in, looking very somber.

"Professor, - your bird - I couldn't do anything - he just caught fire -" Harry gasped.

"Just out of nowhere. Boom!" I said, frantically.

To our astonishment, Dumbledore smiled.

"About time, too. He's been looking dreadful for days. I've been telling him to get a move on." Dumbledore said.

"What now?" I said as Harry and I looked at Dumbledore with stunned expressions.