Dobby's Reward

Rosabella's Point of View:

After being trapped in endless darkness as I grew weaker and weaker. I was suddenly able to open my eyes and I felt my strength slowly start to return. I groaned as my eyes fluttered open. It all started coming back to me. I shot up and looked round. There was a huge fucking dead snake not far away from.

"Shit! What the hell did I miss?" I said aloud.

I heard someone laugh.

I looked in the direction the sound came from. I saw Harry, robes torn and bloodied, holding a sword, the Sorting Hat and his wand. I got to my feet and started to run towards Harry as he was running towards me.

"Are you alright?" I said concerned as I threw my arms around Harry's neck.

Harry wrapped his arms around my waist. I heard him breath a sigh of relief.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?" Harry said as we both pulled out of the hug.

"I'm fine. A little weak and dizzy but I'm fine. Harry! It was Ginny. She opened the Chamber of Secrets but I think that Diary was controlling her -" I said frantically.

"Calm down. It's all right." Harry said, holding up the diary, and showing me the fang hole.

"Riddle's finished. Look! Him and the basilisk. C'mon, Ro, let's get out of here -" Harry said.

"But how? Did you kill that snake? And is that Fawkes? Why do you have the Sorting Hat? Where did you get the sword?" I asked quickly.

"I'll tell you on the way back. Ron and Lucas are waiting for us." Harry said.

Harry led the way back telling me everything Riddle had told him.

Fawkes flew ahead of us.

After a few minutes of progress up the dark tunnel, a distant sound of slowly shifting rocks reached our ears.

"Lucas! Ron! Ro's okay! I've got her!" Harry yelled and we sped up.

We heard Lucas give a strangled cheer, and we turned the next bend to see his eager face staring through the sizable gap he had managed to make in the rock fall.

"Oh thank Merlin! Ro, are you okay? Nothing broken? No missing limbs? Cuts? Bruises?" Lucas said frantically.

"Mother hen." I muttered to Harry.

I debated whether to torture him a little and say both my legs were gone but he was worried enough.

"Fine, Lu. Voldemort was only trying to take my life force or soul whatever you want to call it. Nothing too bad." I said.

"WHAT?" Lucas shouted.

"Harry stopped it, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you right now." I said casually.

"Ro! You're alive! I don't believe it! What happened? How - what - where did that bird come from?" Ron said as he and Lucas thrusted an arm each through the gap in the rock to pull me through first.

Fawkes had swooped through the gap after me. The second I was through the gap I was smothered in a big bear hug from Lucas. I hugged him tightly back.

"You'll follow me anywhere." I said jokingly to Lucas.

Lucas laughed and when we pulled out of the hug, I saw tears fall down his face. Tears of relief and happiness.

"He's Dumbledore's." Harry said, squeezing through himself.

"How come you've got a sword?" Ron said, gaping at the glittering weapon in Harry's hand.

"I'll explain when we get out of here," Harry said.

"But -" Ron said.

"Later. Where's Lockhart?" Harry said shortly.

"Lockhart? Why would he be here?" I asked confused.

"He was the one who was supposed to save you." Ron said, rolling his eyes.

"Did you want me to die?" I exclaimed.

The other three laughed.

"You'll love this, Ro. He's back there. He's in a bad way. Come and see." Lucas said.

Led by Fawkes, whose wide scarlet wings emitted a soft golden glow in the darkness, we walked all the way back to the mouth of the pipe. Gilderoy Lockhart was sitting there, humming placidly to himself.

"His memory's gone. The Memory Charm backfired. Hit him instead of us. Hasn't got a clue who he is, or where he is, or who we are. I told him to come and wait here. He's a danger to himself." Ron said.