Chapter - 8

Nadia woke to someone softly knocking on her door. Groggily she said, "Come in!" Then realized she had locked the door earlier.

"Yeah coming." she got off the bed, put the stone back in her pocket and walked to the door.

She unlocked it expecting to see her mother. Was she going to ask her to not lock the room again? Nadia was still angry, half in a mood to fight or cry.

She opened the lock and flung the door open angrily.

Falcon stood there. Leaning against the wall, a loop sided grin on his face.

Nadia blinked a few times to clear her head, what? what did he want? Her pride was still stinging and she had trouble looking at him. Her mother had shooed her away in front of everyone.

He looked at her hair for a moment and smiled bemusedly.

He said, "Hate to wake you up. Am sure you had a tiring day, miss. But there are some important things we all need to discuss. That woman is ready to tell us the complete truth and you should be a part of this too."

He waited there as if half expecting Nadia to throw a fit or act hostile but she realized nothing of how her mother treated her was anyone's fault.

She breathed deeply and said,"Yeah okay. Just give me a minute, I'll be there."

Falcon nodded in agreement and went back downstairs.

Unbelievable! Her mother wouldn't even come to fetch her daughter and instead send a complete stranger to call her? And what about this complete truth? Now she was old enough to listen to adults talk?

She glanced at the mirror and realized her hair looked like a nest. She tried to flatten them with a brush but to no avail.

She wasn't in the mood to care for her appearance.

She tied her hair in messy bun and wiped her cheeks for any drool marks.

She looked at her watch. Their adult talk had lasted for approximately two hours.

She half expected her mother to start explaining how she owed them money or something. What was so hush-hush about that? She was old enough to handle that. It was not such a big deal. Whatever this big revelation was going to be, her mother really shouldn't have told her off .

Once back in the room she noted Father Clay was still siting were she saw him last. He hadn't moved an inch. Her mother too. Falcon was standing in the hall, waiting for her to come back. He looked and smiled warmly when Nadia entered, what is with this guy? He was too grin-y.

She sat at the chair she was earlier siting in and looked around.

Falcon sat back.

Nadia looked at her mother . Her head was still bent down but she looked different somehow. Her shoulders looked relaxed. She didn't exude nervousness anymore. Had the loan been settled already? She looked at Falcon for an explanation, her mother clearly would not give her one.

"So there is so much to explain, and I am sure you don't know anything about it which does make our job harder, thanks to a certain someone," he looked at her mother without sparing a beat and continued, "Lets first start at.."

"Are you people loan sharks?" Nadia said suddenly. She looked at Falcon again, "sorry to cut you short but is it about the money that mother owed? If it is I don think any clarifications are required. If you did get the money, there is no need for you two to stay anymore and if you didn't then we are sorry right now we don't have any but we will pay you back as soon as possible."