five: i'm so drunk

A/N: Thank y'all for your patience. My little break was so much needed!

Beta work done by AlmondMilkTeaDoubleBoba, LeilahMoon, and lost_poetx.

xoxo, carm

-

"Alright," the fiery redhead said, sitting down next to Hermione and pulling out a quill and parchment, "time to plot."

Hermione pressed her fingers against her temples and rubbed them in slow circles. "I don't even think I want to know," she muttered.

"Oh yes," Ginny replied, "you do." A giggle escaped her lips. "You want to know how you're going to complete this bloody list, and you have no idea how to figure out all these things about Malfoy without help. Well, you're in luck. I am here to save the day," she finished dramatically.

A sigh escaped Hermione's lips. "I don't even know where to– why are you so invested anyway?" she cut herself off as the question popped into her head.

An innocent look plastered itself onto Ginny's face. "Can't I just be a good friend who's interested in your well-being and success?"

"No," Hermione fired back.

Ginny slumped in her chair. "Fine. I want you to win this stupid bet so you can rub it in Malfoy's face," she said. Perking up, she added, "Plus, I have a really good feeling about this, and that should tell you everything you need to know."

"I'm going to choose to pretend like you have no malicious intent behind this at all." Hermione cracked a smile at her tenacious friend.

"Of course I don't!" Ginny said with a wink.

"Speaking of malicious intent," Hermione started, taking the opportunity to pose the question, "what's your take on this whole 'Spill the Tea' thing?" She paused, taking in the way Ginny's jaw slightly clenched – if she hadn't been looking, she would have missed it.

"I don't like it," she replied. "I'd bet my last Galleon that it's a Slytherin." She bit the inside of her cheek and insisted, "It has to be. It's too conniving of a plot to be any– anyone else."

"Even if it's actually a good thing, as they're claiming?" Hermione pressed.

Ginny was already shaking her head. "I don't trust this for a second. Something about it sets me on edge," she said, pressing the matter further.

Pursing her lips, Hermione nodded. "Interesting," she said, crossing her arms. "Well, Malfoy and I are looking into it, so maybe we'll figure it out."

Ginny met her eyes. "You– you are?"

"Mhm. I figured it would be best to try to get ahead of it. Maybe we won't figure anything out, but at least I'll be able to say I tried," she said.

"Speaking of Malfoy," Ginny abruptly changed the subject, "I have some ideas."

"Of course you do."

"Oh, shut up," Ginny chided. "You couldn't do this without me."

Hermione grumbled her response, and added, "Continue."

"Right, so, I think it would be best to set up instances where you need help – nothing crazy, just perfectly structured incidents where he's coincidentally the only one around."

"What do you suggest?" Hermione pressed.

"Just little things – you need help cooking or reaching something that's on a high shelf. You lost your wand and 'Oh, Malfoy, can you help me look?' or you dropped your books. Everywhere," she shrugged. "Things like that. That way you can see how much he hesitates, if he does at all, and you can spend some time with him." Ginny smirked. "Like if you can convince him to cook dinner with you – I'd be impressed. I don't know if he has the ability to cook without magic."