𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

CURSE PREFACE

The Golden Trio had seen better days, things haven't been going as well as they hoped. In their hunt for horcrux's, they're struggling to even find one. All they have is a fake locket, inside a note signed 'R.A.B'.

Finding out who 'R.A.B' was, the trio and the vast majority of The Order decided they should mess with time. Giving them a fighting chance against The Dark Lord and his, forever growing, following of Death Eaters.

Ifaris Exeter, the man who made the impossible a reality. He worked in the ministry, alongside secretly working with the order. Specifically, he was an unspeakable in the time chamber. Ifaris helped create a new way of time travel, nothing like a time turner. It was for ministry related activities, whatever they were, but The Order soon managed to adopt it.

Ifaris, as an unspeakable, had to make an unbreakable vow. A vow to not speak of his work, or the highly classified information within. He gave up his life passing the information on to The Order. The ministry, luckily, doesn't suspect a thing.

The Order could now bring Regulus Black to their present.

-

[the following passage is extracted from 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows']

-

DO NOT ENTER
WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF
REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK

Excitement trickled through Harry, but he was not immediately sure why. He read the sign again. Hermione was already a flight of stairs below him.

'Hermione,' he said, and he was surprised that his voice was so calm. 'Come back up here.'

'What's the matter?'

'R.A.B. I think i've found him.'

There was a gasp and then Hermione ran back up the stairs.

'In your mums letter? But I didn't see —'

Harry shook his head, pointing at Regulus's sign. She read it, then clutched Harry's arm so tightly he winced.

'Sirius's brother?' she whispered.

'He was a Death Eater,' said Harry, 'Sirius told me about him, he joined up when he was really young and then got cold feet and tried to leave — so they killed him.'

'That fits!' gasped Hermione. 'If he was a Death Eater, he had access to Voldemort, and if he became disenchanted then he would have wanted to bring Voldemort down!'

She released Harry, leaned over the banister and screamed, 'Ron! RON! Get up here, quick!'

Ron appeared, panting, a minute later, his wand ready in his hand. 'What's up? If it's massive spiders again, I want breakfast before I —' He frowned at the sign on Regulus's door, to which Hermione was silently pointing.

'What? That was Sirius's brother, wasn't it? Regulus Arcturus... Regulus... R.A.B! The locket — you don't reckon —?'

'Let's find out,' said Harry.

-

[end of extract]

-