Chapter Three: The emo and the jock

I finally got home from the long, grueling, 2 mile walk. I went upstairs to my bedroom and slid my backpack off, feeling the weight of the heavy backpack leaving my back and shoulders.

"Virgie, you're home!" My mom exclaimed happily, walking into my room.

"Yep," I say, watching as Salt walks in. I take Pepper from his carrier and pet him. "I'm home."

"How was your day?" My mom said, leaning on the doorframe.

"It was good, I went with my friend and his boyfriend to get some milk shakes." I gently scratch Salt's head as she purrs and curls up in my lap with Pepper, and starts gently licking Pepper's paw.

"That's good! Dinner's on the table when you're hungry, dear." My mom said before leaving my room.

I gently put the two cats down on my bed and go to the kitchen table. My mom made my favorite food, and knowing I was a very picky eater, I appreciated it. I sit down at the table and start eating the food, surprised that it was still warm.

________________________________
The next day

I was in class, zoning out as the teacher kept talking. I was so bored. Patton was next to me, writing down notes he was most likely going to send to me after school. I pull out my sketch pad and start drawing the person next to me. He was tall, and his hair was partially dyed red at the ends. He had light skin and hazel eyes, and he wore a white and red Letterman jacket with a huge red 'R' on it. I was jaw dropped for a moment, looking at him. Almost immediately I snapped out of it; I refused to have the hots for a jock. Jocks are as straight as they come, I can't have a crush on a jock.

I kept drawing him and at some point he noticed.

"Is that me?" He snickered.

Shit.

I slam my sketch pad closed, blushing a crimson red as I glanced up at him.

"Listen, emo. It's ok to have the hots for someone as hot and charming as me." He smirked and rested his chin on his palm, looking at me.

I turned an impossibly darker red and looked up at him.

"The name's Roman."

"Virgil." I mumbled.

"You new here? Haven't seen you around."

"Yes, I just came here a few days ago."

"Alright. Well here's my number," he opened my sketch pad to the page with his drawings on it and scribbled his number. "And you can text me whenever!" He winked.

The bell rang and we all left class.

What the actual fuck just happened???

Chapter 3
451 words