Sharing is caring.

"I told you I'm not going." Dante stubbornly says.

"Yeah you said that but you usually change your mind."

"You mean you usually change my mind. With some sort of blackmail." he resorts I smile shortly he bites his lower lip. "for the greater good." I grin he narrows his eyes licking his bottom lip I hate when he does that.

"You don't even wanna go what makes you think I wanna go."

"its your families party come on." I nag he's right I don't wanna go but I told Julianna i would "Julianna thinks your going so let's not disappoint." I try to reason "Julianna grew up with my father she's use to disappointment she'll understand."

"Your such a dick." I groan stomping my foot. I cross my arms. "Brat." He mutters under his breath. "Stubborn pompous asshole."
"I've been called worse"
I snicker "like what?" I ask hoping to get ideas for the next time we argue
"Your husband." He snickers I scoff rolling my eyes.

scumbag.

"Who the fuck thought you were my husband?" I question trying to sound offended. "when I tell people we have a baby together that's usually there first reaction."

She's growing up and I want her to be a baby for life.

"Alessia is going. I'm going. everyone else will be delighted to see you."

"I don't give a shit about everyone else."

"When I meant everyone else I meant your family."

"My answer remains the same." I exhale shaking my head "Your bringing Alessia?" He asks completely ignoring my previous statement. His face suddenly changes. "yes." I state confusingly. "why?" He sounds surprised though his eyes remain on the paper in front of him. "Because she wanted to go and it's not gonna be dangerous it's a party." I imply there's low music and old people.

"It's a part full of Damiano, Cedric and mine associates." he says trying to convince me not to go. I sit on the edge of his desk he's hiding something.

"See even your brothers going. All of them." I say he shakes his head Devon's working a 48 hour shift though. "I know who's going I have the guest list. And your not bringing Alessia." He orders I narrow my eyes seeing have my eyelashes. I bit on my bottom lip crossing my arms. "this is why." I mutter shaking my head. He tells me what to do. I understand this is our daughter and he should get a say but so should I.

He slides open a drawer from the other side opening it. Hands me the guest list I go threw semi familiar names before I come across Delton Logers also known as Striker then man who made Damieno and I into killers when I was 9. My body shivers into cold sweats. My entire body seizes up.

I feel my heart picking up an unnatural pace. My eyes fill with black dots I stable myself on the desk.

Though Damieno came when we were 13 because his father sent him there to 'man him up'. I was born in Trenal and I was raised there.
It's a small island It's hell.

they train kids into killers.
assassins. Hundreds of children forced to compete with each other for resources. Water food when we younger to make us compatible and if you got sick with something you were gone most kids had to hide it and fight through there their illnesses like asthma and diabetes because those are weaknesses. I hadn't know what any of this stuff was until I got knocked up. I read a book about things my child could have but Alessia came out perfectly healthy underweight is all. Aside from my Postpartum hemorrhage.

The minimum amount of care you got when you had your period as a girl it was definitely much worse. It was cold just about all the time snowed a lot. It was remote off the coast of somewhere I never actually found out when we fled it was freeing to be free.