Part 2

Hal jumped into the air and dodged Laira's attack.

" I'll just have to find another way to wake herself up." Hal said. " Removal of her ring could cause her death. The only way to save her is by destroying the Red Lantern Core and throw in to the black hole. That's exactly what I've been planning for."

Hal turned his attention to Laira.

" In brightest day, in blackest knight." Hal said. " No evil shall escaped by sight. Knowing the power of Green Lantern's light!"

Hal combined the powers of the red ring and the green ring and unleashed a powerful laser at the Red Lantern Core however Laira kicked Hal down to the ground.

" The world shall know the true power of rage, hatred and bloodshed. " Laira said.

" Laira! You're not a murderous criminal. You are just being possessed by an evil curse from the Red Lantern Core." Hal said.

" Shut the hell up!!!!" Laira shouted as she is charging at Hal but he dodged Laira's attack.

" Screwed. I have to neutralized the Red Lantern Core as soon as as possible." Hal said. " The other Green Lanterns including Kilowog and Arisia are counting on me."

Hal jumped into the roof as Laira followed him.

" You can run but you can't hide. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha." Laira said and laughed evilly.

" That's great. Laira looks more worse than Cenestro." Hal said. " I have to neutralized the Red Lantern Core as soon as possible."

Hal ran towards the Red Lantern Core and unleashed the combo red ring and green ring laser directed at the Red Lantern Core.

" Evil will never win!" Hal said loudly.

The laser penetrated the Red Lantern Core and exploded in which Laira knocked herself down to the ground unconscious. 

" Now I shall sent this core to the black dimensional hole so that no one will dare to retrieved it." Hal said as he throwed the Red Lantern Core to the black dimensional hole. His red ring transformed into another green ring.

Laira regained her consciousness.

" What happened? What have I done?" Laira said as tears fell down from her eyes. " What the hell is wrong with me!"

Hal came to Laira and help her stood up as Laira hugged Hal and sobbed.

" I'm sorry Hal." Laira said. " I don't know what came to my mind."

" It wasn't your fault."  Hal said as he put another green ring to her left finger as Laira transformed back into green lantern form.

" What about Atrocitus? Did you killed him?" Laira asked.

" Yes I did along with his subordinates." Hal said. " With the help of the red ring itself and later it transformed into green ring."