Chapter 35: Culpable

A/n: Thank you for waiting~❤️
⭐Vote?⭐
^feel free to listen😁
"Italics with quotation marks"= Spanish
My internet is slower now😢

As soon as Shoto opened his eyes, he shot up. He groaned, his head thumping.

"Todoroki-Kun, you're awake." Izuku was in a bed beside him. "We're in the hospital right now."

"Where's-"

"She's gone." Izuku's voice cracked multiple times. "All for One took her. We failed to protect her."

Shoto watched Izuku hide his face with his hands. Shoto turned his gaze to the other side, where Katsuki laid with his back turned to him.

"Kacchan hasn't moved once ever since he heard the news." Izuku gently coughed. "(Y/n) hasn't been seen since then."

"How long has it been?"

"It's been a day," Izuku replied, sighing. "That's enough time for All for One to come up with a plan."

Shoto moved his gaze onto his injured hands. "We have to get her back."

"It's not possible." Izuku's voice was croaky and pitiful. "I barely have the strength to stand up."

"But somehow, we have to." Shoto grabbed his blankets. "He will destroy the world and the only one who can stop him is (Y/n)."

"That's not true," Katsuki replied, his back still facing him. "Ask stupid Deku."

Shoto turned back to Izuku.

"(Y/n) mentioned one for all, remember?"

"I do."

"One for all is a power meant to pass down generations, and it was passed down to me. It has a history with All for One, it is meant to destroy him. But now, I'm bedridden for a while."

"I see...does All Might have something to do with this?"

"Yeah, he does. He was the one who passed it down to me, I'm the ninth user but no one can know."

"Then how did Bakugo...?"

"He found out himself. I gave him a few hints since I didn't like lying to him." Izuku stared directly at Shoto. "Don't tell anyone, for your safety and others."

"I promise."

"(Y/n) knows everything about everyone, she can look into your past and if she tries hard enough, into the future." Izuku stared at the ceiling. "But she's gone now."

"I'm leaving."

"Ka-kacchan-?! Where are you going?! You're still recovering-"

As soon as Katsuki laid a foot onto the floor, he stumbled but held himself up, not wanting to be useless.

"If you're going with me you better go now."

"Go where, exactly?" Shots slid open the door, giving a small glare towards Katsuki.

"Tch." Katsuki glared back, "I'm gonna go get gorilla🦍."

"Don't bother, we heroes are already working on it. (Y/n) is an important asset to our team, she's the key to our success."

"Mr. Aizawa, as much as I admire you, I can't help but think that if (Y/n) was a nobody, would you safe her?"

"Of course we would. She's in the grip of All for One."

Izuku shook his head and sighed. "I mean if she was in dirt and rags, with no one to rely on. What if she was captured by All for One and nobody knew? Would you cover it up and call it a day?"