....I'm Sorry....

Keigo kneaded his palm with his thumb as the nerves in his body began to tense. This was probably the most nervous he's ever felt in his life. This wasn't the first time he came by, in fact he found himself stopping by almost everyday. He questioned whether or not he should even be here...at your doorstep. No, he knew he shouldn't be here. He had abandoned you after all...and while pregnant. You raised your child all by yourself. He couldn't even call him his son....he didn't deserve that.

Keigo let his mind run wild and all the negative thoughts plagued his brain. He stared at his hands and realized he was shaking. He takes a deep shaky breath and holds it for a few seconds before releasing it slowly. He lifts his hand up to the door, hesitates, then brings it back down. Tapping both hands to his side in a nervous matter.

"Keigo?"

His head shoots up and he turns toward the voice. His blood runs cold as he makes eye contact with you. You stood there with a paper bag in one arm and a plastic in the other, both full of what looked like groceries.

"I-I'm sorry." Keigo pulls his hood over his head and turns away from you.

"Keigo wait-." You call to him but move to quickly and drop the plastic bag. "Crap." You say to yourself as the oranges you bought rolled out.

"Shit." Keigo finds himself at your side. The two of you bent down picking up the oranges.

Your hands touch while picking up an orange and he quickly retreats it. You look up at him, feeling a bit hurt at how quick he was to avoid touching you. Keigo notices your eyes widen just a bit the minute you faced him directly.

'My scar!' he thinks to himself and quickly brings a hand over his eye. The panicked look in his face broke your heart. Keigo was not the type to hide. His insecurities were spilling out and it broke your heart.

"I'm sorry I should go." He stands, pulling his hood lower over his face as he tries to get away quickly.

"Keigo stop." he hunches his shoulders for a second but doesn't turn to look at you."I saw you." He flinches. "The other day, at the crosswalk."

"Y-yeah." He clears his throat, mentally cursing himself for his voice breaking. "Sorry about that."

"Sorry?" You laugh a little. "Sorry for what?"

He turns toward you, a surprised expression on his face. His eyes widen a bit seeing you laugh. He feels his face begin to burn and he covers it with his hand looking away.

It's quiet for a moment.

"Listen I-" You both say in unison and stop. He bites his lower lip and shoves his hands in his pocket.

You wouldn't admit it but...nervous Keigo...was kinda cute. It took everything you not to coo at him and hold his face in your hands. You were so use to his cocky and flirty personality that this took you completely by surprise.

Keigo sighs and bends down to pick up the remaining fruit on the floor. He places them into the bag your holding but still avoids looking at you. Now that he was here, he had no idea what to say or do. His game plan had completely vanished from his mind and he was starting to overthink and question whether it was a good idea showing up like this. He had convinced himself he deserve absolutely nothing from you. Not to mention he didn't want to come between you and that man he saw that day.

"His name is Kenji." You break the silence and Keigo's attention snaps at you. "I-I don't know if you wanted to know but-"

"Yes! God yes." Keigo says rather quickly. You stared at him eyes wide, but smile. It was a comforting reaction. "Is he..." he clears his throat again.