CH:4- A Mistake

•○●○•

FIREFLIES// Gojo Satoru x reader + oc

By- _ZESTALICIOUS_

•○●○•

'Whether I sink, whether I swim... either way you win.'

She stepped outside of the Jujutsu tech and walked a few metres to see her friend on the corner of the road with her car. "Rico! here!" Maya waved as Rico drove towards her. The car stopped and a familiar male stepped down from it. "Kuroko!" Maya said as he ran towards her. "Maya nii chan!" He said and hugged his in a tight embrace. He then looked at her and checked her face and arms, "You're not hurt are you?! What did that white haired man do to you?" He said in a worried tone. "It's alright Kuroko, I am fine and besides, he healed those wounds so it's actually not his fault entirely." Maya said as she patted his head.

"Gojo Satoru huh?" Rico said as she put on her seat belt. Rico was also a jujutsu communication agent from India who was working along with Maya. "Yeah... It was hard to deal with him really." Maya said as she gave one burger to Kuroko and ate the other one. "The apartment is not that damaged... but there were some broken vases." Kuroko said as he munched onto his meal. "I see." Maya said scrolling through her phone. "I called Rico auntie instantly after I woke up... she was really worried about you... we even called the police." Kuroko said. "Is that so..." Maya said slightly troubled. "I don't really think that was necessary..." She murmured.

"So... she escaped." Gojo said to Yaga as he looked at Gojo in pure irritation. "Are you for real!? You know that old geezer is after her! That's why I told you, learn to talk properly!" Yaga shouted at him. "Relax old man, we'll secure her! You got me!" Gojo said putting up a thumbs up. "That's the entire problem." Yaga scolded him. Gojo was being a bit too confident about this, not realizing the consequences. "She's weak, and we need to help her quick." Nanami said as he adjusted his glasses. "Looking after the weak..." Gojo said turning around to walk out of the room, "...I hate that stuff." Gojo said and walked outside. 'But still, I don't want her to die.' He thought as he took out his blindfold and put on his sunglasses.

Maya asked Kuroko to stay over in her office while she and Rico attended the meeting. Kuroko was just playing a game on Maya's laptop when he suddenly felt as if the atmosphere was growing denser and denser. Feeling hugely uncomfortable, he stood up from the chair and started walking towards the door. He tried opening it, but it just won't open up. "What the hell?" He mumbled and tried harder to open it. But still no luck. "~Hii~" He heard a cracked voice from behind. He turned around to see a huge monster in front of him, almost three metres tall. His eyes opened wide in terror. "May-nii..." He whispered but he was just too scared.

Maya opened the gate and saw Kuroko playing a game on her laptop. "Hi there, Koroko! We're done, let's go home!" Maya said as Kuroko silently got up. He was silent the entire ride back home, "Kuroko? Is something wrong?" Maya asked, no reply. "I am sorry... let's cut the cake today! I'll buy you a feast too!" Maya said smiling, still, no reply. "Kuroko... I am sorry okay?"

They reached home and Maya opened the television, "Come on! Let's enjoy ourselves!" Maya said as she took off her coat and opened the heater. She sat on the comfortable couch and tapped the side of the couch gesturing him to sit beside her, smiling warmly at him.

"Something was wrong...."

*At the Jujutsu tech*

"Gojo, I got terrible news..." Shoko came to Gojo. "hmm?" he hummed. "Maya was attacked, Gakutani just informed us about it... you must hurry on!" She said in alarm. Gojo quickly stood up and adjusted his sunglasses, "Where is she?" Gojo asked in a serious tone. "At her place, a human shaped cursed spirit attacked her..." Shoko said as Gojo jumped out of the window in his casual clothing.

He reached her house in sometime, he saw insane cursed energy coming through the room as he burst inside. He saw Maya on the ground bleeding from her head and a cursed spirit which had abnormally bent joints. It's face was impossible to record, torn and horrible. Gojo clicked his tongue and used his technique to burst a hole through the cursed spirit. "There! All done! It's safe now Maya... you alright?" Gojo said as the spirit clashed dead on the ground. But for some reason, Maya was not happy at all, or rather, she seemed devastated. She looked at the dead corpse in pure shock, her eyes were teary.

"*Ring* *ring* *ring*" Gojo's phone rung as he picked it up. "Hello?"

"Gojo! Listen, you were set up in this!" It was Shoko.

"Huh?"

"No matter what... don't kill that spirit..."

"Why?"

"It's not a spirit... its (inaudible) -ther... do not (inaudible)-they set us up- (inaudible)"

Gojo looked at Maya in horror, who slowly crawled forward and embraced the cursed spirit's body, "Koro... ko..." She said, in a low but audible voice.

"Gojo? Gojo!? Are you listening? It's her brother! A spirit took over his body... and it was Gakutani's doing to kill Maya and if she didn't die... then to get the cursed blood maiden to hate you! Listen... Maya's the cursed blood maiden... don't do it don't kil- *Beep* *beep* *beep*"

Gojo looked at her in horror, "M-maya listen I-"

Maya clenched her teeth and her body started shaking as she looked at her dead brother. "AAAAAaaa!" She shouted and hugged the boy's corpse tighter in agony. Rico burst inside the house to see her shouting in pain, a pain of the heart. The echos of her cries were the only audible screams inside of the house. That day, they saw a strong gem, break down in pieces. Rico saw Maya cry for the first time. Rico looked at Gojo as he stepped back, for the first time, he realized, the burden of hated.

A/N- I know I rushed it... I will make the next one good! Promise!

•○●○•-- TO BE CONTINUED...