𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮..?

Taiju almost choked on his drink, "Wait, so it really isn't Senku?" His eyes were as big as saucers, staring at the said lettuce-haired boy.

Senku just leans on a tree and lazily shrugs.

"I swear I really thought it was him." Yuzuriha sighed and resumed eating her food.

You chuckle at their disappointment and tried to hide your own. "Gyu and I talked about it. He said he'll try to stop his feelings." You say, feeling a bit sorry again for your friend. Yuzuriha put her hand on your shoulder, "He'll be fine." She reassures. You smile at her and lean against Senku as you take a sip of your strawberry milk.

"So, how's your research going for that botany shit you were talking about?" You ask.

Senku flinches. He didn't have a good explanation, he just didn't want you and Gyu to be left alone for a whole day. "Good, I guess..." He mutters. You raise your eyebrow, "Isn't this the part where you nerd out and tell us about it or ask us for help, at least?"

He shrugs again, "I can do this one on my own." He lies.

You look at him suspiciously but didn't pry. He'll come around eventually, he always does.

"Anyway. Since the school festival is near, do your clubs have any plans?" You ask nonchalantly, earning a light tap from Senku on the top of your head. "Don't even think of bailing on the science club." He sent a knowing smirk your way which made you pout. "But our club doesn't even participate!" You retort which made Senku laugh. "This year, we are."

This statement made you perk up. Knowing Senku, he'd probably have something interesting hidden under his sleeves. The ruby-eyed teen noticed your enthusiasm and chuckled dryly. "This is against my will. The school practically forced our club to participate, don't actually expect me to put even a millimeter of effort into this." He sighs, thinking that the festival would only be a distraction for him.

This irked you.

"Come on Senku, live a little! You could maybe just do a showcase of one of your experiments." Yuzuriha suggested. "Nah, we ain't doing that." You immediately reply.

"If the president doesn't give a flying fuck, then as the unofficial vice president, I'll decide for you." You turn to Senku with a sinister smirk.

"We're doing a cafe whether you like it or not."

It was Senku's turn to get irked.

"You do know I won't be able to use the lab if you do that, right?"

"That's the point!" You exclaim with a huge grin, further annoying your childhood friend. "It's not even science-related!" Senku retaliated.

"You may be forgetting that gastronomy is my specialty!" Your smile grew, you knew Senku wouldn't be able to deny your suggestion now. He sighs, "Fine, but I will take no part in this." He leans his whole weight on you which almost made you two fall over.

"You will do no such thing. For the remainder you the festival, you will be the assistant and I will call the shots." You smirk at him. He sends one back, "Alright then, I hope this event won't be a disappointment."

"Is that a challenge?"

"A pack of strawberry milk and ten billion points for you if the cafe is a success."

"Consider it done."

Yuzuriha and Taiju just silently chuckled at your exchange. The festival was definitely gonna be interesting.

Once everyone had finished their lunch, the bell rang. All of you stood up and went to your respective classes which just so happens to be art.

Today was the day you were supposed to submit your final project of the month. You decide to message Gyu and told him to prepare his photos in advance so you could compile them with yours. Yuzuriha peeks over your phone and smiles. "That reminds me! Here." She hands you and Senku two identical photos.

It was the picture of you and Senku having your arms around each other and smiling with peace signs. You smile, "Thanks! I think I'll frame it." You smile to yourself which made Senku chuckle.

"(Y/n)!"

You turn to look at the source of the sound and found Gyu. You smile at him and wave "Got all the pictures prepared?" You ask to which he nodded at. "Great! Let's go to my locker real quick, I left the photos there." You smile sheepishly and waved your friends goodbye, telling them you'll see them after class.

The walk to your locker was surprisingly not awkward. Gyu was acting normal and even joked around. This made you glad, you were worried that there would be tension and awkwardness between you two after that flower festival.

Once you reached your locker, you opened it.

To your surprise, a familiar beverage lay on top of your pencil case with a sticky note attached.

'It's been a while since I've left you some milk, huh. The school festival is almost near, no? I think it's finally time I tell you who I am. During the final day of the festival, at exactly six o'clock, I will be your first dance at the bonfire. Don't keep me waiting.

p.s. good luck with classes and take care'

After reading the note, you look at Gyu with an angry yet confused expression. "Don't look at me! I didn't put that there." He says in a nervous tone. "But there is something you should know." He starts with a sheepish smile. You listen intently.

"Remember how you told me someone put strawberry milk and a note saying 'I like you.' inside your locker during April Fools? I thought someone just pulled a prank on you. I stole their idea, that's when I decided to become your secret admirer." He explained with a slight blush on his cheeks, "But then one week in, when I was about to leave milk in your locker, There was already one inside it with a note saying 'That wasn't a prank, I really do like you.' and I immediately thought that I messed up. I continued leaving milk in your locker, I just got rid of the other guy's notes. Except for that one time he left you banana bread though." He confessed guiltily. "I'm sorry."

You stare at him with an unreadable expression. You didn't know how to feel. You weren't mad at Gyu, you already knew what feelings did to a person so you understood why he did that. The reason you were confused is because there was another person out there who likes you, and is still actively trying to pursue you. And not to mention you were gonna meet him the following week!  You really didn't know how to feel.

"So it's not you..."

ーーー

lmao i am trolling you guys so hard rn im not even sorry :'D