Early Morning Talks

Hello hello! Sorry it's been so long but I'm back with a short one! Unfortunately it's not that interesting but it's all I have at the moment. Hope you enjoy and I'll try to post again soon! B]

‼️There may be some triggering content so I'll put the warnings below ‼️

⚠️Mentions of alcohol, abandonment⚠️

Schlatt got up with a grunt, rubbing his face as he headed straight towards Tubbo's room. As he slowly opened the door and checked on him, he spotted Karl asleep besides the bed holding open a small notebook. The man shook his head a bit, heading inside and kneeling besides the sleeping human. He shook him slightly, earning a mumble but nothing more. Schlatt frowned a bit, shaking Karl a bit more. "Go to your own room."

   As he opened his eyes and came to his senses, Karl looked around. He quickly shut the notebook in his lap. "Oh hush. I was just reading to Tubbo." The taller man stood, reaching his hand out to help the other up. The two headed out of the room and headed to the kitchen. It was early in the morning, around 5 or 6am and they made sure to stay quiet as they spoke.

   "What do you even read to him?" Schlatt asked, looking down to the notebook with curiosity. "Probably some bullshit.." "I-I'll have you know my stories are very compelling!" Karl puffed his cheeks out. "They're extremely realistic and I take care in writing every single one." He put his hands on the book and slides it closer to himself, glaring at the goat man. "It's not like you have any other books for the kid to read." Schlatt pauses. "As long as they don't make him like me, then I guess it's fine."

   "Thank yo- Wait.. what do you mean 'like you'?" "I don't want him turning out like me, ya'know? I ain't a good example for the kid." This made Karl frown, looking him up and down. "You're not.. you're not the best, no. But neither is anyone else! I don't think ending up a somewhat like you is so bad though. You've been getting better!" Schlatt shrugged, eyeing the fridge. "I guess.." "No, you know. The first time I met you you what, drank like six or seven bottles a day? More then that?" He nods. "Now look at you! It's been what, almost three years and you're down to two or three! It's slow progress, but it's definitely there! Slow progress is better then no progress, Schlatt." He just shrugs, looking down. "Hey.." Karl places a hand on the taller mans shoulder. "It's gonna be okay." "I... sure. I guess it'll be fine."

"That's the spirit! Now, what should we do until everyone else gets up? I'm not tired anymore and you woke up for a reason so.. why did you wake up?" Schlatt shrugged again, raising a hand to tug at one of his ears. "I usually check on Tubbo at this time. Make sure the kids sleeping okay'n stuff. Either that or he comes into my room and wakes me up by jumping on me like a crazy person." Looking down the hall, he sighs. "He's a handful, but I love him. I don't know what I'd do without Quackity's help, though."

The two made their way to the couch and sat down on opposite ends. Karl sitting crisscross style and placing his hands in his lap. "What do you mean?" "Well, if Quackity didn't like, 'come into the picture' at the time he did, I was thinking of dropping Tubbo off at the adoption center." "W-What?!" "SHHH!!" Schlatt waved his hand at Karl, trying to get him to lower his voice. "I was doing so poorly. I couldn't keep a job, we moved from house to house, it wasn't a good life for him. He deserved better, something I couldn't give him." "Schlatt.."

He huffed, looking down. "I know, I know. It sounds horrible. Like I don't care about him and shit. But I do! I thought of it because I care so much. I didn't want to do it, thank god I didn't have to, but I was willing to to give him a better life. W-Why do you want to know about this shit anyways? It's so long ago." Karl's face reddened in embarrassment, and he adverted his gaze. "I don't really know much about you, now that I think about it. I wanted to know more. Tubbo is a amazing child, by the way. You and Quackity are doing wonderfully." "..T-Thanks." Schlatt rubbed his mustache.

"Daaaad?" Tubbo's feet pattered against the hardwood floor as he made his way over to the couch, half asleep. Schlatt quickly lifted the boy onto his lap, wrapping his arms around him. "What's up, kid?" "What time is it?" Karl watched with a smile, then glanced at the clock. "It's 7:48am, Tubbo." He said to the boy, waving a bit. Tubbo looked to him and nodded sleepily, resting his head against his fathers chest. "My room was cold.. can I stay with you?" Schlatt held him closer, nodding, "Course, Tubbo. I'm right here."