Chapter 7

March 22 Hyuga Compound.

Hiashtoma Pov

Alright smoke bombs check, kunai and shuriken check, paper bombs check,and my self confidence I think I'll leave that blank. Today is the day for the bell test and I need to pass this exam. I am feeling a mix of excitement and fear, due to the fact I'm going to be part of my favorite episode but I know I will get my ass handed to me.

As I continued to dwell on the matter more I heard a knock on my door, so I answered in-kind. "Who is it?" After a second I heard a voice came from the other side. "Hiashtoma-sama, your father would wish to speak with you in his study." I responded to him by saying "yes, please tell him that I will be there shortly."

After I got ready I went to Hiashi's study. This room wasn't too different from a library; it has a multitude of books, reading spaces, and notes. The only difference is that this room and a public library is that the only person who is allowed inside without permission is father, other clansmen and even the elders aren't even allowed to come inside without permission, I just chalked it up to him being the clan head.

When I got to the door I knocked and he told me to come in. As I walked in I took my time to examine the room due to the fact I haven't been here much. He told me to sit on the mat an I did as well as asking him a question. "Father may I ask why you have summon me?" He looked at me as if he was thinking on what to say, he then closed his eyes and asked me a simple question. "Uzumaki Naruto, tell me my son what is your relationship with him?" Now that was a strange question, he has never asked me about my friends, he never seemed to care. At some point he told me that due to my status of being the first son of the Hyuga head my friends should feel lucky to breath the same air as me. What is the old man thinking?

Hiashi Pov

Just yesterday Lord Third had informed myself about the traitor Mizuki also the fact that my son with the help of the Kyubi Jinjuriki defeated him. Hokage-sama also informed me of the jutsu he acquired from the whole incident, the shadow and exploding clone Jutsus. I was lucky he told me and not the elders, if they found out Hiashtoma would have been punished for using jutsu outside of the clan.

Before I could continue with my thoughts Hiashtoma spoke up. "Father, Naruto is my friend, you also don't have to worry about the Kyubi I know about it as well." Yes the Kyubi is something else I needed to talk to him about, I don't hate the boy for having it inside him due to no one precious to me died during the incident; he is nothing more than an annoyance due to pranks he has done to us, he somehow snuck in here and dyed the elders undergarments pink though I still don't for the life of me know how he did it though.

"Hiashtoma I'm not telling you to not socialize with that boy, all I am trying to tell you is that if there was a risk of the Kyubi being released do not try to interact with him. Also there is a law passed by Lord Third that prohibits anyone talking about the matter of the fox, if you do your punishment will be death and this is something I cannot save you from. Do you understand my son?"

He nodded to me in agreement, I then followed up by asking him another question. "Lord Hokage has also informed me, that you learned techniques outside of our clan, does he speak the truth?" He looked down in shame before replying "Yes father I have, I know you might be angered by my actions but-" I put my hand up to signal for him to stop talking before I spoke up once again. "I am not angered or disappointed about your decision, as your father I shouldn't hinder your growth as a shinobi, but please do not show the counsel your current or maybe future jutsus until probably the chunin exams, those old bats like to make sure our clansmen don't have individuality."

He nodded with a face that was a mixture of confusion and happiness. I later dismissed him as he went on to prepare for his test with Kakashi Hatake.