Prologue

"Did I ever really have you?" She questioned him, the sound of the pouring rain surrounded them.

"What?"

He was panting, having chased her from the mansion, his chest heaving up and down.

"Did I ever really have you?" She asked once more, refusing too turn her head too look at him, "Or was it all a lie until you found someone better?"

He sighs, "What are you going on about?"

"Don't be daft," She spinned around, her hair and dress following her, "You know exactly what I mean, were you just friends with me for real, or were you friends with me until you found someone better too spend you're time with."

He stared at her, eyes opened wide in alarm, he began stuttering, "I-I.. I don't know- what the bloody hell are you going on about Mia?"

"Don't."

"Don't what?" He questions.

"Don't Mia me." She all but yelled, her voice becoming tired, slightly begging him, slowly her exhaustion shining though her words,

"Why can't I?" He yells, his anger that has been holding on inside had begun too boil over, "I've called you that since we were kids! Since I met you on that stupid train! You used too love it when I called you it!"

"Please.. Don't." She whispered. "Just... don't, because if you do, all of these feelings that I - I've been hiding for weeks, ones that have been confusing me from the start, are starting too hurt. I can't..."

"You cant what Mia?"

"Love you... I can't love you."