0.01

As the group of first years make their way off the boats and towards the school, following a tall witch with brown hair pulled into a bun and a point hat, green dress robes cover her body from showing her true shape, but still pulling them off nonetheless. Jumping off the boat first just so happens to be James Potter, his boat being filled with Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily and Josie. As everyone makes their way one by one off the boat, Josie being the last one left, Sirius stays behind to grasp her hand and help her off the boat, as her feet touch down off the enchanted boat she trips over a nail sticking out of the dock, forcing herself and Sirius to fall to the ground. As they both laugh with their cheeks rosy and warm they make eye contact that has both young teens stomachs fill with fluttering butterflies.

Rushing to get up and chase each other to catch up to the rest of the group they both pause and gasp at the large castle that will be their home away from home for the next seven years. Shaking their heads in shock as both of their families have frequently talked about how beautiful and gorgeous the castle was, they both knew that the descriptions that were given did not do Hogwarts justice. Josie steps away from Sirius, walking towards her brother she grasps his hand in fright, her being afraid of what's to come. Her bother grasps her hand back and gives it a slight squeeze, he squeezes it three more times in a row, smiling at her as she squeezes back four more times. They both knew what the other meant, it was their own way of talking.

As the twins look around the building as they walk down the hall in a cluster of other eleven-year-olds, they make it towards a very large two sided door, that must have lead to where they were going, as they could hear hundreds of other voices very faintly and muffled through that same door. Looking forward as someone clears their throat, as they both see the tall witch from before who had them get onto the magical boats from before. Opening her mouth she begins to talk, "Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor McGonagall." Her voice loud but firm, but soft enough for the kids to feel safe and comfortable listening to her. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very old and very important ceremony, because while you are here, your house will something like your family here. You will have classes with your house, you will eat with your house, and you will also sleep in the same dormitory as your house. You will also share a common room with your house that you are free to hangout with them in."

As the group of students gasp and whisper to each other in happiness and excitement for what's about the come after they walk through those double doors, but, others like the Potter twins and Sirius Black are afraid of what is to come. Now they are all excited, they are still scared. Sirius is scared that he won't be in the same house like every one in his family, and only make his family mad because of the decision. The Potter twins are scared of separation. They have never spent more that twelve hours apart before, and they hated every second of it. Their faces of fear is understandable. Professor McGonagall pauses to let the younger students gasp and talk amongst themselves. Letting it go on for a few seconds more she clears her throat once more, everyone's heads snap towards her, "There are four Houses of Hogwarts. The houses being Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each and every one of them have produced many honorable witches and wizards. While you are here at Hogwarts, your successes and triumphs will earn your houses points. But any trouble making and rule-breaking will lose your houses points. And at the end of the year, during the last dinner feast, the house with the most points will be rewarded the House Cup. Which is a great honor. I hope each and every one of you will be able to credit the houses that you belong in." As she glances around the room, seeing familiar faces of students whose parents she had taught before, each kid that she had previously reached that belonged in her house, she thought of as her own children.