1.01

It was the summer of 1976, second of July to be specific

It was the summer of 1976, second of July to be specific. Heat was surrounding everyone to the point too where sweat was dripping off of everyone's brows and would land on the ground and evaporate less than a second later. The heat was inescapable.

The air, besides the warmth, was dry, making everyone feel like they were severely dehydrated no matter what. It hadn't rained in months, making it much warmer in the air since no water could be pulled from the ground to make the air cooler.

It was the Friday before the 4th of July, even though it was an American holiday, many in Britain chose to celebrate it. It was going too be a warm one, many peoples box fans and air cons were only doing so much. Many young people who were living in London chose too either spend their days in sweet stores or the nearest swimming pool and occasional watering hole.

Young Londoners enjoyed the cooling chlorine infested waters that burned their eyes and turned their hair green whenever they went into it, others decided too go too small watering holes too spend their time. Spending hours goofing off instead of getting prepared for their futures.

In a large home, not large enough too be called a manor but large enough too be called a mansion. With a large forest surrounding the home, away from all prying eyes, far enough away from people for where no one bothers them but close enough too head into town whenever needed without having too spend a day there for little things. But far enough too where the smog from all of the vehicles hasn't changed the air texture.

The house was a light yellow, the paint slightly peeling from all of the sunlight that had been hitting it continuously for generations. White window pains and green vines were spread over the walls, making the home seem bright and homely. The grass outside was filled with flowers spread all over the ground, patches of flowers that made the outside of the home seem lovely and open. A garden filled to the brim with homegrown fruits and vegetables.

The home had many floors, filled with many rooms, some more full than others. The walls were filled with laughter and childhood memories, pictures lined the walls, with many old faces from the past and some of the current people who filled the home. The horse always smelled like fresh baked cookies, and a small but comforting scent that would remind anyone of home.

Specifically a teenage girl. Her reddish brown hair was put into a braid that sat behind her head, small pieces of it framing her face, making her dark green eyes pop more. She was humming too herself as she glided around her room, grabbing items and throwing them into her bag that she had sitting wide open in the middle of her bed. She was humming a song that she had heard from the radio that her mother had singing in the kitchen. She danced slightly as she became too sing quietly, having fun as she made sure she was completely packed.

The girl in question was Josette E. Potter, the youngest child too Euphemia and Fleamont Potter, younger twin too James F. Potter.

Part of the sacred twenty-eight, but she and her family didn't follow in the regular beliefs that the others did, which made them taboo, but they are still powerful in their own right. They were the oldest and most powerful wizarding family too exist. No matter their beliefs, they had power, and they could use it if need be.