Cold Chips

Authors Note: Welcome back to the second chapter! As promised the Blue, Green, and The remainder of the red team show up.  I really hope you enjoy!
Usual DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own anything from LWA.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

" Oh, Akko. Come on, come back here!"

"Akko! We were just messing around!"

"Akko!"

Amanda rolled her eyes. Akko took off in a huff when we were talking about Cavendish. Poor girl's got it bad. Though what Akko sees in Cavendish is beyond Amanda.

Speak of the devil and she shall appear. Diana walked up to the table where the green, red, and remainder of the Blue team were sitting for lunch.

Diana looked over to the hall Akko disappeared into. "Where is she off too in such a hurry? Especially during the lunch period?"

"Oh, she just got upset at something. No big Cavendish. She'll probably be back before it's over." Amanda emphasized her response with a shrug. She really didn't think they did much damage. Akko has just been weirdly sensitive lately. "Anyway, I'm going to eat her chips before she comes back."

Amanda happily munched on a few of Akko's chips before Diana started speaking again.

Diana turned her head to speak with Hannah but Amanda could tell she still had half of her attention focused on the hallway Akko left through. "Oh, ok. Well no bother. Hannah, are you still planning on attending the festival in town this weekend?"

"Yes, and Barbara, Lotte, and the green team are also going. We would love to have you join us if you are interested?" Hannah grew excited at the subject. Then grew more excited when she offered the invite. 

Amanda wasn't overly excited but it beat being bored out of her mind on campus. Plus Amanda thought Hannah was super cute when she got excited over something. Something about the way her cheeks squished when she smiled animatedly, and when her gestures grew bigger, and her cute little words. Unbenounced to Amanda a small smile of own slipped on her face. 

"Amanda!"

Amanda nearly jumped out of her chair.

"I didn't do it!" Her hands gesture wildly as she tries to plead her innocence. "It wasn't me!" 

The group looked at her like she had a second head.

"What?"

Diana looked at her oddly, Amanda couldn't figure out why that was.

"Are you feeling alright? I attempted to gain your attention a few times, but you seemed strangely captivated by something. " Diana looked genuine. Well as genuine as she could be toward Amanda. "I apologize, as it was not my intent to startle you."

Amanda blinked a few times, the startled feeling fading.

"Oh yeah, no sweat." Amanda tossed a few more fries into her mouth. She wondered why they tasted colder now?   "What's up Cavendish?"

Diana looked at Amanda slightly disgusted.

"For one, I request you do not talk with your mouth full in my presence." Diana gave Amanda a pointed look. After Diana said that, her look changed to something Amanda was not familiar with. "I was just inquiring if you were contemplating checking in on Akko. Lunch is almost over?"

Amanda was confused. Lunch just started, no? She looked around and noticed that students were wrapping up their belongings and getting ready to leave. Slight dread washed over Amanda. How long was she staring at Hannah. OK, problem for another time.

" Huh, I mean sure." Amanda looked at the remainder of the red team. " She's on your team though?" Amanda watched as Sucy casted her an unimpressed look. She wasn't sure why that was directed at her, her belt clearly represented GREEN.

"Yeah, but we didn't upset her to the point she ran off?" Sucy looked at her with her one visible eye. " Your job not mine." Sucy shook her head at Amanda.

Amanda was not fond of the looks Sucy was throwing her. Sucy may have been right but that didn't mean she was going to stand here, or well sit, and take it. Amanda was about to argue with her, but Lotte spoke up before she had a chance to say or do anything. Probably for the best as Amanda didn't want to be turned into a guinea pig of Sucy's anytime soon

"Sucy! Amanda is right though. She is our team leader. We should check on her." Lotte chimed in with a look to Sucy. Amanda watched as Sucy and Lotte had a silent conversation . Amanda could tell Sucy still didn't want to do it, but Lotte seemed to convince her otherwise. She wasn't sure how Lotte managed it but that was definitely cool to watch. "Please, Sucy?".

Sucy in turn just rolled her single visible eye. "Fine."

"I'll still go with you guys." Amanda offered, she did feel bad. Amanda stood up gathering up both her own trash and Akko's. " Lets go, before we are late to class." Amanda waved at the remaining teams. "See you guys in class."
Amanda saw Lotte follow suit and also send a small wave to their friends.

Amanda, Sucy, and Lotte dropped off their garbage before heading to the dorms to check on their friend. Amanda gradually became more and more nervous. Multiple scenarios blasted through Amanda's head. Was Akko going to try and take off her head with a spell? No, to violent for Akko. Was she going to attempt to use metamorphosis magic to turn her into some heinous creature?

Despite it feeling like years, and just a few seconds, The unusual trio reached the red team's door in no time. Lotte opened the door and walked in first making a small hmm? noise.

"What. What's wrong Lotte?" Amanda was dreading what was behind their door. Amanda hand hovered by her wand, ready to cast a shield. Peering her head in the dorm she noticed the lack of Akko. "Where is she then? We aren't even supposed to leave the cafeteria or courtyard during lunch?" What Amanda did notice was the uniform haphazardly thrown on the bed. Why would Akko change before leaving?

"We don't have time to figure it out. Class is about to start and I am not going to be late because of Akko." Sucy turned and walked away from the door in the direction of their next class.

————————————————————————————————————————————————
Author Note: I don't even know if people read these. To be honest, I skip them sometimes too. I put little info here so people know what to expect as far as time lines and stuff. Sorry Akko wasn't in this chapter, but Diana was! Akko will be in the next chapter. It should be posted within the next few days. Constructive criticism always welcome! Let me know what y'all though! - Ele