𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

"We can both agree that she's probably the one that threw my bag in the pond, right?" Haruhi asked.

You both were looking through the fountain for Haruhi's wallet, your pants and sleeves rolled up.

"Yeah, no doubt about it." You replied. "We can deal with her later, though. For now, let's focus on finding your wallet."

Haruhi nodded before sighing. "If we don't find it, I won't have any money for food this week,"

"I can pay for your food, Haruhi." You offered. "I still have some birthday money left over, I can give it to you if you'd like."

Haruhi smiled at your generosity, continuing to search the water. "No, it's fine. I don't want to impose,"

"It's okay, really—"

Your sentence and searching were interrupted by no other than Tamaki.

"Y/n, Haruhi!" He said, "You've both got some nerve skipping out on the club,"

Tamaki looked at the ground, Haruhi's bag and belongings completely soaked while your own perfectly dry one was placed next to it. "Whose bag is this?"

"Mine's the wet one," Haruhi grumbled. "We're looking for my wallet, it's the only thing missing."

You stood up straight and ran a hand through your hair for a moment before continuing your search. "We're sorry for being late,"

As you and Haruhi continued searching, you heard a splash of water from behind you.

Confused, you both turned around and were surprised to see Tamaki searching the water as well.

"Hey," Haruhi said, "You don't have to do that, I already have Y/n with me."

"Yeah, and besides," You added, "You're going to get wet,"

Tamaki smiled as he still searched the water. "Thanks for your concern, but a little water never hurt anyone."

You and Haruhi exchanged glances as Tamaki continued.

"Besides, everyone tells me I'm dripping with good looks,"

Haruhi glanced at Tamaki before continuing to search while you just stared at the blonde.

"Oh!" Tamaki said, holding up a black wallet, "Is this what you're looking for?"

Haruhi looked up, her eyes widening when he handed her her wallet.

"Thanks," Haruhi said gratefully, taking the wallet from his hands and checking the inside.

Tamaki then turned to you, seeing that you had been observing him. He winked, "Y/n, you're not falling for me, are you?"

That snapped you out of your trance. "Huh?" You said. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

Tamaki smiled at you before turning to Haruhi, his smile slowly disappearing. "How did your bag end up in the pond, anyway?"

────── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ──────

"He probably dropped it out the window or something," You explained while shrugging.

"Oh, really?" Ayanokoji said bitterly as she took a sip from her teacup, her eyes narrowing. "That must've been terrible."

'Why did she request me when she clearly doesn't like me?' You thought in confusion and slight anger. "Yeah, we searched for a while until Tamaki found his wallet,"

The red-haired female scoffed, propping her elbows on the table as she interlaced her fingers and rested her chin on it. "You guys actually made Tamaki search the filthy water with you? How astonishing, you do realize that he's a blue-blood and not a commoner, right?"