BROKEN-WINGED ANGEL: CHAPTER 20

A/N : LAST UPDATE FOR TODAY!! ~

How could I tell them this without making them angry? I kept brooding over this for the remainder of class. The old, bald professor at the podium lectured with spittle flying out from his mouth, but not a single thing he said went into my ears.

Oh god, why did I agree to go to the mixer with Xia Mei Wei? I’m going to get myself killed.

I remember a time when we all squeezed into the living room to watch TV after finishing supper. An idol drama was airing, and I merely blurted out without thinking that the lead guy was pretty hot and sexy. That caused them to push me down in the living room, peel off all my clothes, and toss me around for an entire night. The next day, I couldn’t even straighten my back.

If I told them that I was going to attend a mixer, I didn’t even want to think about how what kind of penalty they’d give me.

“Ding… ding…” The bell marking the end of class rang, and I abruptly came to my senses. It was only then that I realized that it was already lunchtime and I hurriedly packed my things away to leave. I ate lunch together with the twins everyday, and if I was late for any reason they’d be extremely unhappy. However, they wouldn’t explode immediately. They would wait until we got home before they would unleash their anger and lust on my body, making it so that I wouldn’t be able to straighten my back for several days.

After leaving the school gates, I hailed a taxi and rushed my way to Heaven’s Dynasty, which was a five-star hotel owned by the the Zhao Family Corporation. The food was very decent, and it wasn’t far away from NT University. When the twins had classes, they always got their meals here.

They didn’t like strangers coming into their home, so after the old butler passed away, they never found any more servants. They either ate out for most of their meals or ordered takeout. As for housekeeping, one of the cleaning companies they were familiar with would send a person over to tidy up every week.

After Christmas passed, they forced me to return the keys to the small apartment that I originally rented to move into the Zhao residence. I prefer the feeling of hand-making my own food, so whenever I didn’t have class I’d take it upon myself to cook a few dishes. Even though my cooking tastes, looks, and smells great, there was no way it could compare to the the skill of the kitchen of a five-star hotel. However, the twins never complained and I’d even venture to say that they rather looked forward to the things I made.

Perhaps we have been eating shark fin and swallow nests rather frequently lately. [1]

I very quickly rushed my way to Heaven’s Dynasty and an impeccably dressed waiter at the entrance deferentially opened the glass door for me. Then he cordially guided me to the private entrance that the twins used. If it weren’t for the fact that I was with the two young masters of the Zhao family, I’m afraid I wouldn’t even have gotten in through the main entrance given how I was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt.

I still remember the first time I came here to eat.

At the time, I had just finished class when I picked up a phone call from them, telling me to report to Heaven’s Dynasty. I rushed my way over, but the waiter at the door simply wouldn’t allow me to enter. When I explained to him that the Zhao brothers had asked me to come, he said, “I’ve met plenty of women like you who shamelessly chase after men, who’d do anything for money.” Then he even called security and had me thrown out.

That was my first time receiving such a huge insult, and I went back to the Zhao residence crying. I didn’t even want to go in the first place. Why did I have to be humiliated like this?