BROKEN-WINGED ANGEL: CHAPTER 48

A/N: THE ENDING IS NEAR!! A FEW MORE CHAPTERS AND WE'RE DONE!! ✋😭

As soon as the car stopped in the courtyard, they angrily started to tear apart my clothes. In an instant, my expensive, custom-made French evening gown was turned into a pile of rags.

“Please let me explain.” I frantically tried to squirm away, but I didn’t dare struggle too much. After all, it had been my fault for causing this in the first place, and I had promised them many times before that I wouldn’t try running away from them.

“Do you think we’d believe a little liar that spews out lies like you?” Zhao Yi Bo brutally bit down on my neck, leaving behind a dark bruise.

“I’m not lying. When you came looking for me, I was just about to come back.” I yelped from the tender pain on my neck.

“Why would you want to come back? Weren’t you so desperate to get out of our marriage? Didn’t you firmly resolve yourself to run away from us?” Zhao Yi Xuan began to grope and ravage my chest madly, and my snow white breasts were incessantly contorted in shape under the assault of his hands.

“But I regretted it! Yan Bo Nian told me that I should cherish the happiness while it is in front of me, and not to regret it after I lose it. I didn’t want to become total strangers with you, so I was just about to come back the next day. I realized I do love you two!” I sobbed out.

Zhao Yi Bo and Zhao Yi Xuan’s rough movements paused for a second, and they glanced at each other for a moment. A flash of mutual excitement seemed to flicker through their eyes, but it was quickly suppressed by the two of them.

“You’re trying to trick us again, aren’t you? You’re trying to get out of the punishment that’s coming for you. You say you love us, but at the same time you betray us and hurt us. Is this your way of loving us?” A sneer slipped out of the corner of Zhao Yi Xuan’s mouth.

“But the two of you also hurt me before too. I forgave you two, so can’t you forgive me just once?” I cried as I begged them. I had no idea what kind of methods they would use to torment me, and my past experience only made me feel terror.

“Did you not notice how much we tried to change? For the sake of your happiness, we’ve been struggling to change ourselves. Did you even stop to appreciate how hard we were trying?” Zhao Yi Xuan’s words sounded pained as he spoke.

My mind turned blank. I really hadn’t taken to heart how they had changed over time. I had only been engrossed in my own miserably tragic situation, and I had been single-mindedly focused on running away. I yearned so much for my own freedom that I didn’t even notice that the twins had been gradually changing. I also didn’t appreciate their kind feelings in the slightest. I had no idea I had been such a selfish person all along.

“I’m sorry…” I broke into an avalanche of tears. I shouldn’t have been so selfishly focused on my own feelings, and I shouldn’t have ignored how much effort the twins had spent to try to improve.

“Even if you say sorry now, it’s already too late,” Zhao Yi Bo said emotionlessly. He must have thought that I was apologizing about how I had ran away.

He heaved the nearly naked me up into his arms, and strode towards the basement.

We once again came to that strange room where I had lost my virginity. The room had been decorated with simple furnishings, like a few pieces of plain furniture. However, the tiled mirror along the full length of the four walls and the ceiling hadn’t been removed.

In the middle of the room, there was a bed big enough for five people that was covered with blood red satin bed sheets. It was the only thing in this room that was brightly colored.