JOURNEY...

Chapter 4: Journey
(Y/N) POV:
"The journey shouldn't be more than a few days." Percy reassured me. I'd spent the night at their apartment and now was told I had to go to this weird sounding camp. Camp half-blood I think? Leo had volunteered to take me, saying how he was never very good at monster fighting. "plus if you need anything, Nico can shadow travel and get me."
"Why doesn't Nico take me?" I asked. Nico responded with a short "I don't touch strange people." I mentally ok'd and turned to face Leo "ready to go?"
"yup!"

--Time Skip—

We'd been travelling all day, changing buses every 2 hours. I was ecstatic by the time we reached a hotel. I plopped down on the queen sized bed, "can I just lay here for the rest of eternity?" Leo laughed "c'mon (Y/N) it's only been one day, we have 6 more so you better rest up!" "WHAT!!" I shot up with wide eyes "HAHAHAHAHA I'm kidding! We'll be there tomorrow." He just kept laughing at me "That's mean Leo!" I smiled, we barely knew each other yet we spoke like childhood friends. I glanced over at Leo, he was still laughing. His curls bounced with every laugh and his smile was intoxicating ' oh my god (Y/N) get a hold of yourself. He's just a guy, a really hot funny guy.' I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized I was staring at him. "(Y/N)? Where you listening to me?"
'Crap'
"sorry Leo I zoned out, what did you say?"
"That's fine, as I was saying. Sorry about Nico, he's a nice kid just gone through some hard times. He was kinda frozen in time for a while then his sister died and just recently he came out as gay so he's had a rough life."
"Wait, he's gay?"
"Yup. He had a crush on Percy for years apparently."
I chose this moment to tell Leo I was gay, why? Cause the topic was on the table and it felt weird not saying anything, "I can see why Nico liked Percy, he's got gorgeous eyes and is really nice."
"What?"
"Percy's hot, I wouldn't date him but he's pleasant to look at."
"Hold up. Are you gay?"
"Yeah why?"
"You just didn't seem like you would be."
"Were you expecting me to where tons of pink and act like a girl?"
He looked away from me embarrassed. I sighed, some people still thought like him. "I don't blame you Leo most people can spend their entire life without being friends with a gay person so they just go with the stereotypes. Did you think Nico was gay before he came out? No cause gay people are just like anybody else. problem?"
"Nope."
He seemed a little awkward around me after that but for the most part he accepted me.