chapter one

ACT I
CHAPTER ONE

━━━━━━

A vampire is known for being an eternal creature, that shall live forever, by humans that do not know much about them. The little knowledge these ordinary people have of them—creatures of the night, ruthless and beings who crave blood above anything else—they believe it to be a myth.

Stars, gaseous heavenly bodies that live through millions of years. The Sun is acknowledged as a star, which means that it is identified as an 'undying' luminary. Although, this celestial sphere happens to be a vampire's greatest enemy, even if both of them get to share eternity side by side.

It was the light of the brightest star in the universe peering through the non covered parts of the windows of an abandoned mansion that slowly awakened Karina, along with the slight smell of blood and familiar voices—that she has not heard in centuries. However, as soon as her eyes started to open, she knew something was very wrong, as she hissed in pain, her wrists and ankles burned, flickering her eyes, she noticed soaked ropes on the places where the burning sensation was coming from. Vervain—she thought.

The Petrova girl started to think what could have happened for her to be laying down on a sofa covered with dust, in a massive empty house with cobwebs in determined areas and only with certain furniture that remained in the place, barely conscious.

The flashbacks of the previous night invaded her mind in full force, she remembered someone coming from behind and injecting a full syringe of vervain in her neck, knocking her out immediately, whilst Elena screamed in fear. Even though the girl was inume to a certain amount of the toxic plant, the quantity the man inserted in her body was incredibly high, it was surely going to make her lose her consciousness.

Elena Gilbert, a non vampire girl in her teenage years, noticed that the supernatural, who was passed out beside her just a couple of minutes ago, started to wake up. She tried to rush to untie the brunette, only to be stopped by her kidnapper, a blue-eyed male, who tried to feed on her.

"Trevor! Control yourself," growled the voice of a woman with an obvious British accent, as she suddenly appeared behind him.

The man dressed in a full black outfit got up, turned around and faced his best friend, a woman with short chocolate hair, who was looking sternly at him. "Buzz kill," he said and walked away, exiting the poor illumined room.

Karina frowned, not knowing why he would be the one to kidnap her, and if Trevor was there, undoubtedly Rose was also in the residence and the one who told him to stop whatever he was planning on doing. Her sister, Katerina, was the one who signed the death sentence of the pair, even if the boy loved the girl and was willing to help her and her younger twin live, so what could they possibly want with her?

The only thoughtful reason was if they were going to get Elena and her to—no. She did not spend the entire five centuries of her mediocre vampire life running from him with Katerina to be handed over to him that easily.

Growing, she tried to set herself free from the strings using her vampire strength, only to fail due to the plant's reaction in her system. She let a loud sigh leave her lips, the older doppelgänger absolutely despises not having the control over a situation, she did not know if these people were trustworthy.

"Well?" the Petrova girl asked the other vampire with her eyebrows raised, as she looked to the ropes tightly tied around determined areas of her body and back to the supernatural.