chapter two

ACT I
CHAPTER TWO

━━━━━━

The rays of sunlight passing through one solitary window were bringing a natural luminousness to the chamber, as the atoms of dust moved in synchrony in the air of the study.

The Eastern European minced leisurely around the dirty room, dragging her index finger across the edge of a wooden desk in the middle of it, various books were on the dark furniture, and also, on several different locations on the unclean floor. Bringing her right hand up, she faced the grime on her finger, the girl then blew, resulting in the fine powder leaving her index.

As Karina continued strolling around the room, observing the worn out arm-chairs and old couches, the vampire wondered how she was supposed to explain to the newest doppelgänger about the sacrifice, something she had hidden from everyone for an extremely long period of time.

A quietness was established into the ramshackle mansion the moment Rose revealed the atrocious truth to Elena Gilbert, consequently leaving her astounded. The only other echo that could be heard—except for Petrova's own footsteps—was Trevor's shoes, as he entered the study.

"Tell me more," demanded the human to the British woman, breaking the silence, as she held her hands in front of her body, revealing her apprehension.

The blue-eyed supernatural stopped in his tracks, he smirked and in a sarcastic tone announced, "Captivity's made her pushy, eh?"

His comment made both look-alike girls turn around to face him, as the older one stopped sauntering and lifted one eyebrow at the vampire.

"What do you wanna know, doppelicius?" he questioned, in a casual voice, as he covered the daylight that gave luminosity to the room.

Karina groaned and rolled her eyes at the ridiculous nickname, "No need for the flirty comments, Trevor. I know that you were in love with my sister, but neither Elena or I are into you."

On the contrary, the Gilbert adolescent decided to ignore his remark, it was an understanding that she was desperate for information, therefore, she questioned the man this time, "Who are you running from?"

"Didn't you just ask Rose that?" the Bulgarian pointed out to the girl, pressing her tongue against her cheek, irritated with the obliviousness of the descendent of one of the Mystic Falls founding families.

"The Originals," the man replied, looking down at his hands, as they went back to normal after being burnt, due to the sun, and slowly approached the three women in the center of the room.

"Yeah, she said that," the girl assured, referring to Rose and flickering her eyes to her direction, "what does that mean?" she inquired, eager to comprehend what the name referred to.

Almost scoffing, the Eastern supernatural shook her head in frustration as she glanced over the teenager who was kidnapped with her. When Karina first met Elena, after the tomb incident, she realized that the girl did not have witty as one of her traits, which was even more clear to her now. Couldn't she understand the meaning of the word originalshe thought.

"The first family, the old world." he explained, kicking a small pile of books that were placed on the floor as he moved closer, which made Elena flinch, "Rose and I pissed them off," he concluded, pointing at the short-haired.

In response, the green-eyed tilted her head and slightly shook her head, "Mm-mm," she muttered to him.

Karina acknowledged what the pair was referring to, she could remember as if it was yesterday. However, it has been centuries since the ancient slovenly situation happened.