Prologue

That was the first time I felt that the fire burning in my heart dissipate. It was so refreshing that it caught me off guard.

A moment of dizziness hit me. But the refreshing feeling that comes after is unfamiliar yet so good that I could never forget.

Who would forget? When I lived my life accustomed to the burning pain inside me. Not when I get the taste of it ...

It was for a moment, in an unexpected time where I could not get the glimpse of my CURE.

We are engaged in a fierce battle against the Redun Kingdom. A Kingdom bold enough to used a forbidden magic that sacrifices human lives for the benefit of getting strong.

In the heat of the moment, when I slay the human – no a demon.

Without feeling it presence, it bumps into my back sending that unfamiliar feeling I haven't felt for years.

Confused I tried to look what it is ... who it is?

Without a chance to get a look on who it is I am suddenly pushed far from where I am standing and then a surged of blinding lights embraced the surroundings putting both sides to a standstill.

I touched my chest, as the sensation lingers. It tickles my insides and for that moment, I confirmed that I have a heart. And it beats; it beats loudly inside my chest. I- I am human ...

I don't know what I am feeling that moment. Shocked? Confused? Or happy?

A battle cry echoed the surroundings, the fight continues, spilling bloods and corpse from both parties fighting in the name of loyalty.

Wielding my sword against the enemy I focused on taking the victory for my Empire rather than the selfish desire that's starting to surface.

Again ... for the nth time, I forgo the chance to live comfortably. Not suffering from the pain I get accustomed to.

And as the time passed by, the feeling that I miss, becomes faint like it was never been there.

Not until, in a festive day of my Empire, it came ... unexpectedly, just like the first time.

And this time, I will never let it go!