Hide n' Seek

In the darkness you lay, your legs aching to find a comfortable sitting position. The blue light being emitted from the TV was the only light in the room. On the screen displayed a corny, so-called, "horror movie", marking Halloween and its festivities on the calendar. This time of the year meant partying, and partying meant everyone would be going over to Ningguang's mansion. Every single holiday, she would throw parties, even though it seemed like she never had time for them. Though it didn't matter, since everyone who attended would find themselves enjoying their prolonged stay, especially your energetic friend Beidou, who was seated next to you on the living room couch.

Your eyes shift over to her for a brief moment. Her eyes locked onto the screen, looking bored out of her mind, like a zombie sort of. Her expression wasn't all too surprising though, since she literally feared not a single thing, but you at least thought she'd be a bit entertained. Reading her expression, you could tell she just wanted to spring from the couch and walk out of the theatre room, but there was nothing much to do outside the room due to everyone being here, so she's forced to stay in her spot.

Your mind flutters away from your thoughts due to the lights suddenly being switched on. You slam your eyes shut, the brightness of the light burning your eyes. You groan in annoyance, wondering who the hell did that and why. Beidou however, seemed to be unaffected by it. Not a single noise from her.

You open your eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the new found light and looking to see who suddenly turned them on. Through the slight blurriness of your vision you see the white haired woman standing tall. It was Ningguang, waiting for everyone's attention to be on her.

"We're done with the movie, so instead, we're going to pick something else to do." She announced with a steely tone. Her face looked extremely disappointed, most likely due to how boring the movie seemed and how displeased her guests were.

Behind her tall figure, the slightly smaller Ganyu appears from behind her right shoulder, and the slightly smaller Keqing from her left. "Keqing and I have noticed a lot of you are displeased with the movie," she began, "so we thought we should do something that everyone might enjoy." Keqing nods, preparing to finish Ganyu's sentence. "We're going to play hide and seek, you can hide anywhere you want, but Ningguang's chambers, and whoever gets caught has to help the seeker find the hiders, simple, yes?" Everyone around the room shares a glance and a nod, slowly coming out of their cocoon of boredom.

"I'll be the first seeker, but beware, I'm quite good at finding!" Ganyu giggles, looking quite excited. "Then it's settled," Keqing announces, "Ganyu will count for a minute due to this house being large, you all will run. The game starts now."

You and Beidou exchange quick exhilarated glances, your faces both being painted with childish grins. The bored expression that once painted her face now completely taken off like a mask. She quickly grabs hold of your hand, her palms against yours feeling rough and warm. She stands on her feet along with you, running out of the room. The running and excitement makes your heart beat quickly. The both of you giggled like idiots while sprinting, observing the lavished, bright corridors of Ningguang's mansion for a hiding spot, which should've been called a palace, since it seemed more fitting for such a gigantic place.

The two of you stop in front of a closet door, sweaty and catching your breath. You decided it would be good to stop here, running even more around such a big place would surely make the both of you faint. "Think we can hide here?" Beidou asked, pointing to the small white closet door. "We'll be found easily, but if you wanna go for it.." you trailed off, feeling unsure about hiding there. 'Fuck it,' you thought, roughly pushing the door open and pulling Beidou in with you. Opening it and shutting the door, the light that once peeked through the door has now disappeared, leaving both of you in the dark once again. You give your eyes time to adjust to the absorbing darkness, looking into her eyes.