The suggestion

Since that day Louis found himself bundling Freddie up and walking the short trek to the bakery, sometimes for breakfast, sometimes for lunch and sometimes with Liam. He found comfort in the presence of the other men in a surprisingly short time. 

So he found himself smiling before he even stepped foot into the bakery, knowing that the morning rush was finished and it'll be just him and the lads in there.

"Oi oi lads." he shouted as he made his way over to the usual table where lo and behold Zayn was already sat, no Khai in sight today however. 

"Vas happenin Loueh?" Zayn asked, reaching over and helping Louis get Freddie from his pouch into the high chair.

"Nothing much lad, just here for me breakfast. Wait, where are our favourite owners?" he asked, looking around and not seeing any sign of either Harry or Niall.

"Their in the back mate, gettin the deliveries all sorted." Zayn smiled.

"Ah morning Louis, thought I heard ya voice." Niall grinned brightly, wiping his hands dry.

"Morning Niall, where's Harry at?" Louis asked, hoping he didn't sound desperate. 

And going by Niall's and Zayn's matching smirks he did not do a very good job.

"He'll be along in a minute, the man's a proper clean freak. If everything ain't in its 'right' place he'll be throwing a fit." Niall grimaced.

The bell above the door, admitting the entrance of Liam, fully decked out in his fireman's uniform. A dark navy short-sleeved shirt and matching trousers. Both fit nicely to highlight his impressive biceps and strong thighs. 

Zayn blushed almost as a reflex, while Louis and Niall smirked at him. 

"Top of the morning to you Captain." Niall greeted. 

"Good morning to you as well Niall. And to you as well Mr. Malik " Liam smiled.

Zayn blushed visibly, stuttering out a hello, to the amusement of both Niall and Louis and the confusion of Liam.

"Payno, what brings you around. while you're on duty no less." Louis decided to take pity on Zayn and changed the subject.

"Oh just dropping by. Though now that I'm here maybe I'll get something for the lads at the station." Liam replied, good naturedly nudging Louis on his way to the counter where Niall was already preparing a large box. 

"Oh where's our favourite Styles ?" Liam asked nonchalantly

"Oi what's it with everyone lookin' for Hazza? Am I not good enough for you lot ?" Niall exclaimed, pretending to be offended

"Never mate, I was just curious as to why there's no custard on the floor. " Liam chuckled 

"Heyy, it was one time Captain. When will you let that go?" Harry whined, tripping into the front. 

"You somehow spilled all the custard we made onto the floor in front of sixty hungry firefighters. The man has a right to bring it up until you die and then some." Niall chortled.

"Oh Louis and Freddie, you're here as well." Harry blushed, suddenly wishing to go back in time to fix his less than graceful entrance. 

"Hi Harry." Louis waved shyly. 

"Oi vey." Niall mumbled under his breath.

"So Captain, what were you thinking of taking to our lovely fire brigade?" Harry asked while he prepared Louis' usual breakfast and a few treats for Freddie.

"Hmm I can't decide between those lovely fruit tarts or the classic donuts." Liam stroked his chin as he thought.

"Well if you want I can give you half and half." Harry suggested 

"Good idea mate, I'll take you up on your offer. " 

"Eh, speaking of good ideas. Remember that big camping trip the community center organized last summer ?" Niall asked suddenly

"Yeah, why?" Liam asked curious as to why the Irishman brought it up.

"Well, I was thinking we could go on another one . My brother bought an RV for his family last Christmas but since his wife is pregnant, they don't want to risk going on a trip, but he told me I could take it out since he already prepared everything. So maybe since Zayn and Louis won't get another big holiday until Christmas, we all could go." He suggested.

Zayn paled and he kept mouthing 'Shut up' at Niall while waving his arms in a x pattern. Thankfully this occurred behind Louis and Liam.

"Hey that's not a bad idea Niall. But is it big enough for all of us? I mean I can't exactly fuck off for a week by leaving Freddie at home." Louis pointed out.

"Well obviously, this thing is the size of a tour bus, it's got bathrooms, it's got separate rooms. I wouldn't have suggested this if the babies wouldn't be able to come. Innit that right lad." Niall explained, hopping Freddie's button nose at the end. 

"In that case count us in. What about you guys?" Louis agreed, excited, but remembering the other men he turned around and looked over questioningly. 

Liam furrowed his brows and absentmindedly bit his lip. 

"Well I do have holidays saved up, so yeah as long as we don't plan it for the next week Bear and I will be there as well. " He agreed.

"Well I'm all for it, we can get our mums to mind the bakery for us while we're gone.

All eyes fell on Zayn, who was half tempted to bow out, not wanting to be stuck with Liam in such close quarters for at least two weeks. But the possibility of taking his daughter out where she wasn't constantly changing hands, won him over 

"Alright, I'm sure I can talk to Gigi about taking Khai." 

"Whoo hoo! It'll be a riot !" Niall cheered, pumping his fist in excitement, causing the others to laugh at his antics.