Èr

"I want a dozen steamed Pork & Shrimp Siu Mai...and a dozen Xiao Long Bao also sound good...Oooooh, I also want a lot of chili garlic oil and soy sauce in a sauce bowl and two orders of steamed jasmine rice, please!"

"...Are you sure you're able to finish all that, dearest?"

"When did I ever leave my dumplings unfinished, Mr. Zhongli? Besides, you're partly to blame why my appetite has gone up. He's always waking me up at ungodly hours of the night to find something to eat," You lovingly pat your growing belly bump. "Archons know that our baby has the appetite of a Primo Geovishap."

"Don't worry, I'll be sure to give him a stern talking to for bothering his mother so frequently." Zhongli nodded to himself, looking so serious as if he really was thinking about reprimanding his child even before they're out of the womb.

This man was such a dork.

But he was your dork and archons be damned if you let anyone else take him away from you after all the trouble it took to even snag him.

"As hilarious as it would be to see you do that, I'm sure I know someone else who's fond of keeping me up late at night even more than our little bundle of joy..." The playful grin you sported and the raised eyebrow didn't ruffle the consultant a single bit as he calmly sipped on his tea.

"Ah, but between the two of us I have the right to do so seeing as you are my wife. Marriage entails that such laborious yet pleasurable activities are a given to couples who've taken the sacred vow of matrimony to one another," the dark-haired man placed his porcelain cup down before he turned to you, amber eyes seemingly blazing in an almost-golden hue against the light. "Besides, I seem to remember hearing not a single complaint on your part as well, dearest. Why, if I remember correctly you're even more unrestrained now—"

You swiftly cover your husband's mouth with both hands before he could further embarrass you both and traumatize the other patrons within the restaurant with snippets of your married life.

"I'll stop talking if you stop talking, okay? Let's just eat quickly then pay before leaving," you were sure that you couldn't look at anyone in the eye right now. Not when the insufferable but oh so lovable oaf you'd married saw fit to be so shameless in public just because you decided to try and tease him for once.

Zhongli's hands were so big compared to yours, a fact you're reminded of when he gingerly removes yours from his face with his own larger ones. His gloved hands felt so strong as they cradled yours, the heat of his skin seemingly penetrating through the leather and warming your own hands.

"Very well. This isn't the right place to talk of such affairs after all," he gives your smaller hands a squeeze before leaning towards you, his towering form practically looming over you.

"I intend to continue our VERY important conversation later. Preferably within the confines of our bedchambers."

The ex-archon only smiles as he returns to his tea at the sound of your surprised squeak, feeling you smacking his shoulder half-heartedly once you've gotten over your shock.