"Ma, Pa...this is Zhongli. He's my boyfriend—"

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you both. Mother, Father." Zhongli barely even let you finish as he slightly bent his body forward and took your parent's outstretched hands to press them against his forehead.

"!!!"

You knew it.

You had a feeling that Zhongli, your ever lovable idiot and recently betrothed, wouldn't give you a chance to properly get him acquainted with your clueless parents before dropping the bomb that was your recent engagement.

Him calling them mother and father respectively just after their introductions was more or less a dead giveaway about the current state of your relationship. This man and his total lack of...of discretion would be the death of you!

But...archon's knew that his candidness was yet another one of his traits that you loved despite the embarrassment it brought.

Thankfully, your parents had more tact than Zhongli and just casually introduced themselves to him. Though the knowing looks they sent you confirmed that they were now very much aware of what point you were now in your relationship.

"What a fine young man you are, iho" your mother started, her smile reaching ear to ear as she gazed at the both of you with a warm expression. "You're so tall and handsome. Tell me, how did this wild child of ours manage to snag a strapping gentleman like you? I still remember when she was a little girl always running around with dirt on her knees and clothes after playing with the boys back in the day"

"MA!" Your face burned as brightly as a ripe Jueyun Chili at your mother's admission, absolutely mortified as she brought up tales of your tomboyish past.

"She was even crowned Rajah by all the boys, including the ones from neighboring barrios after she dethroned the previous local rascal. But here's my tough girl now, going out into the world and even finding herself a good son-in-law for us..."

Your mother wiped the small tears at the corners of her eyes with a handkerchief that had her initials embroidered at the corners.

"Archons, take me now..."

"You may rest at ease mother, father. I will gladly treat your daughter like the queen that she is for the rest of our lives," your breath hitches in your throat as Zhongli's amber orbs meet yours. "She deserves only the best after all and I intend to deliver on that promise."

.

.

.

"Iho...you have my blessing" voiced your father who'd been silent thus far, nodding in approval at Zhongli whom he'd been observing with a critical eye from the moment you both walked inside your childhood home.

"Well then, that takes care of that! While you and Tatay spend some time together, us women will head on over to the kitchen to make lunch for all of us" Your mother claps her hands together, beaming as she loops her familiar comforting arm around your own. "Make yourself at home, Zhongli. We'll be back shortly with a feast. I'm sure you'll enjoy experiencing your first boodle fight."

And so, your mother whisks you off into the kitchen while your father and Zhongli continue their conversation at the sala, the special lambanog your dad has been saving for special occasions being taken out along with his special cups.

You silently hope your betrothed would still be alive after the end of this ordeal.

Maybe Rex Lapis or Barbatos heard your plea, because Zhongli was thankfully still sitting upright by the time you called both men for lunch. However, the tall dark-haired man had a deep blush staining his cheeks as he drank from his cups, whereas your father was waving around his Bolo knife while recounting a tale from his time as a soldier.