Chapter 5

Qing Que

     Fengjiu was in bed annoyed with Dong Hua "Ugh! I don't wanna go to the Tai Chen Palace. What if the maids realize that I was once working in the palace?! I can't let that happen! Then what should I do?" She sat up immediately and thought of many ways on how to avoid going to the Palace but didn't have much of an idea.

     Migu then walked in to see the princess thinking hard about something "Little princess??" He called her and Fengjiu jumped and gasped "Migu! You scared me!" She looked angry and scared "I am sorry your highness... but may I ask why Dijun needed you? And what are you thinking about?" Fengjiu then sighed "We just talked about our marriage... that's all and I am thinking of ways to avoid going to the Tai Chen Palace."

     Migu gasped "You are going to the Tai Chen Palace? When?" Fengjiu just looked back at him and looked away. " He said he will come in a few days or so... maybe I have time to leave now right?" Migu shook his head " Your highness is there something you know that I don't? Why are you trying to hide from him? I thought you didn't care about this marriage alliance at all but now you want to run?" I mean Migu was right. Fengjiu did say she didn't care about the marriage and she still had a crush on Dijun so why was she doing all this? Was she trying to get over him? "Look your highness, just go to the Tai Chen Palace and see if you like it or not?" She then just nodded at his answer and told him to leave her alone.

     "How am I supposed to tell Father and Grandfather about this." She mumbled and figured she would just tell Migu to let her Father and Grandfather leave for the Palace with Dijun after she left Qing Que.

Tai Chen Palace

     Dong Hua had just finished her room and was satisfied with the decorations. He even had some robes, shoes, and jewelry delivered just for her. He wanted to make her room nice and comfortable. Her room was just next door from his room so if she was not comfortable with sleeping in the same bed with him, she could go and have her own space.

     The room was pretty and pink and with white decorations around the room. Her bed was big and soft with extra blankets and it even had a light pink canopy with light purple lotuses glued on. He was excited to see her again.

     "Dijun is gonna marry Bai Fengjiu of Qing Que?" Lian Song and Siming were both shocked by the news "But how?! They aren't fated in any way!" Siming mumbled and didn't think Lian Song heard "What? What do you mean they are not fate" Siming looked up at Lian Song and didn't know what to say "Forget what I said but now I will leave... Farewell Your Third Highness."And with that he left. "Not fated? Do they have some sort of past that I don't know of? Hmmm I will figure it out somehow... But how?" Lian Song kept thinking but then saw Cheng Yu and followed her around the whole day.

     "Star Lord Siming greets Dijun." He said while bowing. He wondered why Dong Hua called him and he was a bit anxious. "Siming, what do you know about Princess Bai Fengjiu of Qing Que?" Dong Hua asked coldly and Siming looked at him with wide eyes but didn't dare ask why he wanted to know about her. "The little highness of Qing Que? I have met her many times before. As your lordship might know she is the only granddaughter of the Fox Emperor. She is the second most beautiful lady in all the realms and is admired by many as well. She is kind, brave, and very bold but is very mischievous as well. I have been tricked by her several times but that's all I know."

     Dong Hua was satisfied with his response and dismissed him and sat in a deep thought. "Why does she seem so familiar though? Did I meet her in the past?" And then something immediately popped up in his head

"Does she have something to do with that little fox I had before it went missing?"

Qing Que