epilogue one

he waited.

and waited

and waited.

he didn't want to believe she didn't show up.

but what did he expect?

he broke the heart of the girl he loved the most.

~

now older, out of school, after the battle, he still loved her. 

george was at the cash register, helping costumers, when a girl walks in. 

olivia rosier.

his breath gets caught in his throat, his mouth agape. she was here. after years, he saw her again. 

following behind, a small kid, with her eyes, her bone structure. the child looked about six years old, he guessed. 

george realized that was her kid. she had a family, without him.

"go on pick something out," he hears olivia say to the kid.

he watches as olivia turns around to admire the place, slowly picking something up to read the box. her hair was shorter, her face slimmer. how was it possible one has gotten more perfect? people were supposed to age, grow old, but she looks as though she's still the girl from hogwarts. 

"excuse me, sir, where are your candies?"

george looks down over the counter, and sees the child. she was small, especially compared to him. 

"what kind of candies dear?" he asks.

"anything really, but not chocolate. i hate chocolate," the girl says, her face twisting in disgust. 

he chuckles, "your mother doesn't like chocolate either."

her face turns from distortion to confusion, "you know my mum?"

"i do, we used-"

"gwen?"

the two look at where the voice is coming from, olivia walking up to the kid.

"i was looking for you my dear," she says to gwen, picking her up, "i found the candy section if you want some, and,"she explains before trailing off.

"olivia."

"george."

"olivia. george. you two are weird. how do you even know each other," gwen asks, wiggling out her mothers grasp.

the two look at each other.

through time, george had gotten more mature. physically. his muscles showing through his blazer, his nose more fitting, and if possible, taller.