Chapter 11

Junkyu made up his mind to attend his morning classes even though he wanted to skip it. Not because he was sleepy, not because he was slacking off; it was because he was extremely upset with Jihoon.

Junkyu walked slowly even though his classes would start soon. He had so much going on inside him that he couldn't focus on the road or his upcoming classes. He barely reached his varsity in time. And his eyes immediately went to Jihoon, who was staring at him blankly, sitting in his usual seat which was by Junkyu's side.

Junkyu silently walked towards his seat. He could've chosen a different one if he wanted to avoid Jihoon, but he decided to face the other. As soon as he sat down, the teacher arrived. So, he couldn't talk to Jihoon- not that he wanted to, but he expected an apology or an explanation from Jihoon. So, he waited till the class was over.

During the 10 minutes break after the class, Junkyu looked at Jihoon. Jihoon was gazing at the board blankly, avoiding Junkyu's eyes.

"Don't you have anything to say?" Junkyu asked.

Jihoon shrugged. Obviously, he didn't. Junkyu waited a few more seconds. But Jihoon didn't budge.

"Jihoon, you can't expect me to forget what happened yesterday." Junkyu sternly said.

"I don't." Jihoon shortly replied.

Junkyu's fury only escalated at Jihoon's indifferent attitude. Yet, he managed to maintain a steady tone, "And you won't even fix it?"

Jihoon now looked at Junkyu. It was evident that he himself was quite pissed off. His eyes were cold, not the usual lovesick gaze he had towards Junkyu. His brows were slightly knitted together.

"I told you I'm trying," Jihoon said, "But you just keep on stressing me out!" Jihoon spoke a little loud, making few students beside him look at both of them. Junkyu felt insulted. His ego hurt and he became even more upset. He quickly stood up, took his bag and marched out of the classroom. Jihoon shut his eyes as he was feeling both angry and guilty. He was extremely stressed out and he didn't know what to do.

Junkyu walked home. He knew he would miss some important classes. He would even have to skip a quiz, but he didn't care. It was impossible for him to stay in the same place as Jihoon considering how awfully Jihoon was treating him. He didn't want much, just a sincere apology would have been enough, but Jihoon wasn't being reasonable with him.

Junkyu unlocked the door and plopped down on the couch, throwing his bag on the other seat. He was grumpy, sad and on the verge of crying. His chest hurt because the most important person to him was hurting him so bad. It wasn't like he was pressuring Jihoon too much; he just wanted a certainty which Jihoon couldn't ensure even after so many years.

Junkyu got lost in thoughts of what happened the last day and his sorrow only deepened. How could Jihoon act like that even though it was completely his own fault?

Junkyu's phone rang after few good minutes. Junkyu sat up in a spark to check the caller ID. He was certain it was Jihoon, probably, he was feeling guilty.

But it wasn't. Instead, the ID said 'Yoshinori'. Junkyu still felt a bit better as his close friend decided to check on him. He accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"Junkyu, are you ok?" Yoshi asked from the other side. And even though Junkyu was obviously not okay, he replied with, "I'm okay, Yoshi, don't worry."

But having such a nice friend as Yoshi, Junkyu only had words of gratitude left. So, he heard the other talking through his phone, "You don't seem okay, Kyu, I'm coming over!"