Chapter 19

What would it feel like to stay in constant fear, counting each second in anxious anticipation that maybe, just maybe things wouldn’t go as bad? But those countless seconds built up minutes, minutes turned to hours and the hours stretched up to two whole days for Junkyu; where he couldn’t even think clearly due to absolute fear.

Why was Jihoon not contacting him in any way? Right after that incident in front of his house, Jihoon seemed to disappear from Junkyu’s life. Not a call, no text; Jihoon even skipped university for the last two days. Junkyu constantly died inside for those two days. Every second he just wished to rush towards his lover’s house just to see if he was okay or not. But he couldn’t, because he didn’t want to make the situation any worse than it already was.

No matter how many times Junkyu wanted to convince himself to keep patience and wait until good days come again, his mind still raced. Jihoon’s worried gaze at him the last time he saw him was etched deep in his heart; and he couldn’t see anything else when he closed his eyes. Junkyu was going through a storm inside him and none other than Doyoung understood that even though he didn’t say a word to his younger brother.

“Hyung,” Doyoung called. He arrived at Junkyu’s house in the afternoon in hope of spending some quality time with his brother, but the restlessness stare of Junkyu didn’t go unnoticed by his keen eyes.

“Umm?” Junkyu responded. He didn’t even listen to what Doyoung was talking about a while ago.

“I said, would you like to meet Asahi hyung, Jaehyuk hyung's boyfriend?” Doyoung clarified. He looked somewhat worried.

“Okay.” Junkyu shortly replied. Normally he would ask for details, since he had to find time for that among his busy schedule beforehand, but he had his brows creased in thought.

“Are you okay?” Doyoung asked, putting a hand on his hyung’s shoulder.

“Yeah..” Junkyu lied. But Doyoung saw through him.

“Hyung, is everything alright with Jihoonie hyung?” Doyoung asked again. Junkyu snapped his neck at his brother at that.

“Why?” he asked.

“I don’t know... he didn’t reply to my text from two days ago... And I haven’t seen him with you too... that’s why, is everything okay?” Doyoung asked.

Junkyu heavily sighed. Maybe it was okay to share his burden with his brother?

“Doyoung ah, something really bad happened.” Junkyu spoke. Doyoung’s brows came even closer to each other as pure worry was evident in his face. “What happened?”

Junkyu sighed again, that’s what he did for the last two days to be honest, sighing again and again as his insides were hurt in pain and fear. “The two of us... we... his mom saw us kissing.”

Doyoung knew why Junkyu was so stressed out about it. If Jihoon’s mother was the same as theirs, this wouldn’t even be more than a slightly awkward situation. But the truth was, Jihoon’s mother heavily despised something the two of them had, a homosexual relationship. And the reason why Jihoon didn’t contact any of them became clear to him as well.

Doyoung scooted closer to Junkyu and patted his back. Maybe saying ‘everything will be fine' wouldn’t be a great idea, but he still did so. After all, he really wished everything to be fine for his two hyungs.

“I think his mom took his phone away and banned him from coming to the university.” Junkyu mumbled. Doyoung just increased his pace of the pats on his brother’s back. He let Junkyu speak.

“What would I do now, Doyoungie?? How can I live without him??” Junkyu was acting like a clueless kid who had just lost his most precious thing in life. Doyoung felt so hurt watching his brother like that. So, he quickly hugged Junkyu.