Arranged (PT I)

Summary : The prestigious second young master lan, Lan Wangji is betrothed to the obnoxious head disciple of yunmeng jiang, Wei Wuxian in a political alliance.

.....

No one had ever managed to get on lan wangji's nerves as much as Wei wuxian did. The boy was a living nightmare, a nuisance, everything about him screamed of trouble. Lan wangji had never seen anyone as obnoxiously loud and shameless as him. His presence alone managed to keep lan wangji on the edge.

Wei wuxian's actions always made lan wangji's mask of indifference fall to the ground like wilting leaves only for the boy to step and stomp on it as if it was nothing, as if lan wangji hadn't spent years perfecting it.

Lan wangji had practiced composure almost all his life and never lost it except the rare times in front of his brother but that was okay, he was family so lan wangji knew he wouldn't be scolded for showing emotions. Yet the boy made him lose his cool on a daily basis.

Lan wangji had swore to lock away all feelings and never let himself get affected by anything after his mother had passed away. Over the years the numbness in his heart had grown to the point where he had started believing the gossips that talked about him not being human.

But this boy, this unteachable unruly boy made him realize how human he actually was. Lan wangji was left astound at how much rage he could contain within himself.

And the thought that he was now stuck with wei wuxian for a lifetime and maybe even an eternity if lan wangji managed to cultivate his way to immortality seemed horrifying in itself. Lan wangji couldn't imagine spending his whole life with someone as intolerable as wei wuxian.

For the first time in his life, lan wangji was questioning the decision of his uncle.

Three months ago, Sect leader Jiang had come to gusu with the proposal of a marriage. The jiang sect had been having financial problems for a while and trades could no longer suffice for the huge expenses of managing the sect.

And even though jiang yanli was betrothed to jin zixuan, a greedy man like jin guangshan would never give a penny to anyone unless he gained something in return. So despite having ties to a sect overflowing with riches, the jiang sect didn't get many benefits from it. Temporary solutions were no longer helpul and finding a long term way to secure their financial status seemed difficult.

That is until Madam Yu had come with up a solution.

It was no secret that the land of gusu held expensive stones hidden in its womb and the extravagant palaces built atop it were a proof of the riches the sect possessed. But even so, the lans were as modest as they could be about it. With the sect upholding the principle of justice and kindness and helping those in need, Jiang Fengmian knew his friend would help him if he talked to Lan Qiren about it. But this could only go on for so long before they had to look for other ways.

That's when Madam yu had presented her idea of a political marriage between the sects.

Since jiang cheng was the future sect leader he couldn't possibly be married off to gusu and lan qiren would never agree to send lan wangji to yunmeng. So the only option that remained was marrying wei wuxing to lan wangji.

Surely the Lans would be more than willing to help their in-laws with the problems of their sect. With their assistance the jiang sect would become financially secure, and the pest would be out of madam yu's hair. It would kill two birds with one stone.

Besides, living in the most disciplined of sects that had 3000 rules and the most unbending atmosphere in the entire cultivation world would do the menace of a boy some good.