/𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝑋𝐼/

At the time I was frantic

At the time I was frantic. Angry at everything

  Mad at myself; cursed the world I lived in.

  I wondered, why so many people had to die. Why lives had to be sacrificed.

  I was only so young. No parent to guide me through my emotions. I was like a young child. Needed love, attention, and direction.

  I didn't understand a lot...
__

  "It's not fair..." I said brittle.

  "You sit here having Hashira bow to you. Protected from the outside world while we fight till we die." My head hung low my fist clenched.

  "You're right it's not fair. I know under my leadership we've lost many; while I sit here protected." He spoke softly.

  "I thank you for risking your life every day to make a better tomorrow. Every life that was taken will be repaid. I know you wanted to spend more time with your family, to see them one more time. I want to keep fighting so that it doesn't happen to others." Ubuyashiki confessed.

  My head lifted, my hands soften its grip.

  "W-what," I said in disbelief.

  "I know your eye was a sacrifice. So, please accept my apology."

  I couldn't believe it. I insulted this man and he's apologizing to me?

  "As long as you want to create a better future I'm by your side," I replied.

  Lives had been lost, but he hasn't forgotten them. Instead, he uses it to push him for a better future.

  A future we can all look forward to. He wasn't sitting here doing anything. He has a plan to end all of this.

I'll stay by his side.

I then got on my knee bowing my head.

"Yuna, at your age, the technique you've created is needed desperately. Thank you." He smiled.

Even though I was angry, I couldn't be, at least at him.

Maybe he had patience with me because I was still so young.

Soon the other Hashira would be joining us. I have a feeling I'm not liked.

But, why should I care? I'm not here to please them.

"I see the youngster is here first! Looks like she's starting to warm up here." Tengen the Sound Hashira let out.

"I can feel the sadness as her younger ages escape her," Gyomei sobbed.

As much as it irritated me, the better solution was to ignore it.

____

Even after, Ubuyashiki continued to guide me. Especially after the loss of my brother Yagi.

I've grown to appreciate him.

  Due to my young age at the time, Ubuyashiki especially wanted me to see him more often.

  He always said that someone as young as me should be enjoying their life not fighting for it. I was pitied for.

  The other Hashira attempted to feel bad, but I never grew a connection with any of them.

  I'm still young compared to all the other Hashira. So, age is something I still struggle with.

  I always wonder what my life could've been.

  "Oi, Yuna-san." I looked over. Seeing Tengen.

  "Yea?" I replied.

  "Do you ever wish you can quit the Hashira?" He asked.

  I looked up to him.

  "No, I don't." I can waste time thinking about what my life could've been, but that's not the choices I've made.

  The choices I decided to make lead me up to here. Even if it resulted in pain and suffering.

"Are we done here?" I asked out loud.

All Tengen did was nod.

  I hate remembering the past. Recalling all of my actions.

  Because then I start rethinking everything....

Sorry this is so short😣

Word count: 601

Date:6/6/21