Chapter 1

It was a beautiful winter's day at Hogwarts. The cold sun was shining through the windows lighting up what would have been an otherwise gloomy day.

Dumbledore had asked all students to meet in the Great Hall for a special announcement and everybody was nervous to find out what the great headmaster had in store for them this time.

The Golden Trio; Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, were sitting at the Gryffindor table anticipating the time when the Headmaster would resume his place at the head of the hall and commence his speech.

Over on the opposite side of the hall sat another three students. However they were Slytherins: Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini and Pansy Parkinson. If you sat close enough to the odd group you would overhear them talking about the only subject that they ever seemed to discuss. Potter.

Today Draco was ranting on about a usual topic, how Potter always thought he was perfect and could do know wrong. Whilst we know he is quite the opposite.

At last the time came for Dumbledore to finally make his announcement.

'Dear all students, I thank you all for joining me here on this fine day. I have an announcement to make as you all presumably know. We have decided to create a new tradition at Hogwarts. For everyone in third year and higher, you must participate, however, first and second years you may choose to, if you do so please speak to either me or any of the head of houses.' He smiled his all knowing smile.

'Now to finally tell you what we have planned.' Dumbledore continued, 'We have decided to celebrate Valentine's Day in a special way. Everyone across the school gets the day off and couples will spend the day together. However, if you are not in a relationship there is nothing to fear as we as staff will match you up with the perfect partner. You will spend the entire day together, alone.'

At this last part, the chatter began. Most were excited, but there were obviously a few who were nervous for the event. These included famous Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy. Their friends (Hermione and Ron, Pansy and Blaise) were both in relationships with one another so they were the third wheel of their groups causing them to be extremely nervous about how the day was going to go.

However they both dealt with it in two entirely different ways.

Draco decided that he had much more important things to do so he would try to get out of it.

Harry decided that he needed to get himself a girlfriend or boyfriend so he knew who he was going to spend the day with and he got to pick who they were.