[ 28 ]

You were in the car with Jimin, Suhui, and Jungkook

You were in the car with Jimin, Suhui, and Jungkook. He is driving while you sit in the passenger seat, Jimin and Suhui in the back.

"Okay, if it truly was Soo Ah, we need to find proof that it was truly her. It can be the drug, a syringe, or a receipt where she bought it." Jimin said.

You massaged your temple and forehead softly, eyes closed and deep in thought. "What if we find none?" You said, opening your eyes and looking at the road.

"She will just get away with the fact she tried to kill me." You said in slight anger, your hand resting on your lips. Jungkook's hand rested on your thigh, caressing it softly.

"We will find proof. We just need to hope." He replied. You snorted, shaking your head before looking at him. "Hope? Really? She tried to kill me, Jungkook." You said in a slightly louder tone.

"Why are you all so calm about this?!" You exclaimed. Jungkook sighed softly, stopping the car in front of his restaurant. "Jimin hyung, Suhui, can you leave us alone for a bit, please?" He asked nicely.

Jimin and Suhui nodded and wasted no time in getting out of the car. Once the door closed, Jungkook's eyes snapped to you. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" He exclaimed.

"I get that she tried to kill you, but we aren't even sure if she truly did it!" He yelled. You glared at him, shaking your head.

"I am sure because I remember what she did! How she came and how she was too nice to me!" You yelled back. "God! Just-" Jungkook leaned back in his seat, hand over his eyes as he sighed heavily.

"I just want you to stay calm-" He tried to say calmly, but you cut him off. "I can't stay calm!" You yelled. "She tried to fucking kill me, for god's sake! What if O was truly pregnant!? The kid would be gone along with me!"

Your eyes filled with tears as you stared at him, his eyes softly looking at you. His hands moved to your cheeks, his lips pressing against your forehead.

You blinked the tears away, sighing softly. "What if she gets away with it?" You asked quietly, looking into his eyes when he pulled slightly away

He smiled softly, tucking some hair behind your ear. "Remember what I told you that day in the hospital? When you woke up?" He said quietly, his hand moving to caress your cheek.

You shook your head, slightly confused. "No. What?" You asked. He smiled a bit wider, his nose touching yours slightly.

"I will protect you and Se-ri with my life. Anyone hurts you, I'm hurting them back, even more." He replied.

||

"Can you remember how everything happened exactly?" Jungkook asked as you four walked into the place. "Not exactly. I remember she came in all nice and sweet to me." You replied.

"Why were you here, by the way?" Jungkook asked in confusion. "I remembered you had left a few things here and wanted to bring them back but you didn't have the time. So I came instead to help out." You replied.

He nodded before noticing the two glasses on the small coffee table. "Which of the two is yours?" Jimin asked, having noticed the glasses too.

"The right one." You pointed, both men heading to the table. They put on some plastic gloves and got in detective mode while Suhui headed to you and hugged you sideways.

Jungkook looked underneath the table while Jimin looked around the couch. "Hyung," Jungkook said after a bit of digging through the papers in the coffee table.

He carefully pulled out a pack of pills, showing it to Jimin. "It's pills though. She had to have put a liquid inside." Jimin replied. "It says methotrexate. It's what the doctor said was in her system when she was taken in." Jungkook said, reading the back of the packet.

You sat down on the couch, head in your hands as you thought, a bit shocked as well. "What if... What if she made it into a powder and mixed it with my drink?" You suggested, looking at them.

Jungkook nodded his head, glancing between you and Jimin. "It is a possibility, but we need to leave that to the police officers once we sue her," Jimin replied.

"But what if it wasn't her and we are just blaming her? We need to be sure. I may remember she came to see me but it could have been poisoned from long ago." You replied, glancing a the pill packet.

"Exactly, that's why we need the police to conduct an investigation. And for now, she is the main suspect." Jungkook said, staring at you and putting the pill packet back where it was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Kookas!

I am so happy to finally be back and bringing this story back on! I am finally fully inspired to come back, all ready to start writing again. I am sorry for leaving you hanging and for disappearing like that, but with the situation going on before and still being this way, I needed a break to deal with everything. And now that it finally starts to calm a bit down, I am all ready to come back, full energy, and bring you great chapters and stories.

Thank you for having been so patient and having waited for so long for this book and Hitman. I love you all <3