16.

V O T E + C O M M E N T

Selena was beyond excited to reunite with her husband after being apart for a few days. After she received the alert of him coming through the gates of their home, she ran outside, standing barefooted on their front steps waiting for the SUV to come to a halt. Once Aubrey stepped out of the car, he was all smiles seeing Selena standing there waiting for him. Aubrey thanked his driver, taking his Louis Vuttion duffle bag shuffling up the front steps into his wife's waiting arms. "Hey darlin', how was your trip?" Selena asked, giggling as Aubrey lifted her from the ground, wrapping her thighs around his waist.

"I missed you," Aubrey said, his face hiding away in her neck.

After a few moments, Selena began to worry a bit when his face did not leave her shoulder. "Aubrey, ¿qué ocurre?" She asked him, lifting his head with her hands.

Translation: Aubrey, what is the matter?

"I just missed you both so much," he said, leaning in for a kiss. "I hate having to leave you guys." He sighed, walking them into the house, using his foot to close the front door.

"I know, but I understand when duty calls." Selena smiled, hoping that would have lifted his mood as he placed her back on the ground. "The same thing has been going on here for me as well. Come relax with me." She said, taking hold of his duffle bag, dropping it at their feet, leading him into the living room where she and Aria were before he came.

Once Aubrey saw his daughter awake in her bouncer, he smiled brightly, bending down to swoop her tiny body into his arms. "Ari, baby girl, you keeping your momma company, huh? Daddy missed you," Aubrey cooed down at her seeing her grin up at him as he found a spot next to Selena on the couch. "What is all this?" He asked, eyeing the various papers that sat on the floor and her side of the couch.

"Well, it is the plans for our next charity fundraiser." Selena smiled cheerfully, "I wanted to do it differently this time; I wanted to help those who got hit hard when the pandemic came. Especially with the Black Lives Matter movement, it was disheartening to know that all affected are not seeing the aid with the funds that people donated to the foundation. Now Lilliana told me that going this way would cause some strife, but I do not care. The media the world even forget about everyone involved and only care for the ones currently glorified because of their deaths. They are more who are dying than just the ones highlighted in the media. I wanted to work with some of the mayors in the worst parts of Chicago for right now to help with getting the bad ones off of the streets and rebuilding up homes in the lower-income areas so that they finally feel safe and can be proud again of their neighborhoods. Most billionaires would move them out, but I want them to stay and get better than what they are currently not given." Selena explained to Aubrey, and she hoped that she did not talk him to sleep when she did not hear anything from him.

When she looked over her shoulder at him, Aria was the only one that fell asleep on her—sleeping peacefully on her father's chest. When their eyes met, she could not help but redden how her husband looked at her. "What, why are you looking at me like this?" She asked, looking back to the paperwork in her hands.

"I am just proud of you," Aubrey voiced, rubbing his palm soothingly against her back. "I am just proud to be your husband." Furthermore, he was. Aubrey just hoped that she would still be equally just as proud to be his wife when everything was said and done.