𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"WE NEED A PLAN if we're going to rescue crosshair. how are we going to get the chip out of his brain without killing him?" echo voiced his concern as he paced about the lounge. he didn't know how rex got his chip out, so maybe if he sees him again, he can ask.

"first of all, we are going to formulate a plan. second, it's hard to find the chip without the kaminoan technology." vana explained as she was sat on the couch. omega was passed out asleep on her lap, her soft snores filling the silence.

"the kaminoans already seem hesitant to tarkin's plans. i wonder if they'll cooperate and help us." hunter pointed out, his voice a low rumble.

"that certainly does help things, but they were the ones to implant the chips in the first place, remember." vana raised an eyebrow and exhaled slowly. this whole ordeal with the chips brought back memories of fives and tup, how they both died due to said chips. fives died because of what he believed the chip did, and even though he was right, he was silenced. vana wondered if echo knew, but now was not the time to tell him.

"we're going to need a diversion," tech offered as he raised his head from his datapad.

"what are you suggesting?" vana asked him.

"you're a jedi, the sworn enemy of the empire; what if we stage an arrest that we made. so, we bring you in, hoping that our efforts will win us back in favor of the empire. that's when you try and find crosshair, without getting yourself killed, of course." tech explained, his hands moving along with his speech.

"so you're saying we use her for bait?" hunter inquired defensively, furrowing his eyebrows.

"i think it will work," vana shrugged as she looked down at the sleeping child.

"you're willing to put yourself in danger and give yourself up to the empire who will kill you? you're in hiding for a reason!" hunter argued. "there has to be another way,"

"there isn't, hunter! i don't care that i'll be locked up, hearing the voices i heard for years call me names, threaten me, and maybe even kill me. our goal is to get crosshair back, right?" she was beginning to get irritated, so much so that omega shifted in her lap from vana's explosion.

"yeah," wrecker finally spoke up, the poor guy too scared to interfere with hunter and vana's arguing.

"then let's focus on that, not that i'm one of the sworn enemies of the empire. got it?" she raised both of her eyebrows and made eye contact with every single one of them. upon seeing them nod, she sighs, gently pushes omega onto a pillow instead of her lap, and gets up. she can't believe she's doing this. part of her is excited to be back in the field again, wielding the weapons she crafted herself. was hunter right?

vana walked into her bedroom and relaxed for a bit. she remembered what her master told her: "the ability to see clearly in any disagreement will give you the upper hand you need, or it will teach you a lesson." vana allowed her eyes to close as she felt the force surround her. she needed to be careful with how much she used the force; she didn't want darth vader on her doorstep.

she felt someone come in behind her, and she recognized his force signature.

"what is it, hunter?" she opened her eyes but refused to face him.

"i'm...i'm sorry about earlier. i just, don't want to see you get hurt." his words were strung with anxiety and concern; she knew he was genuine. vana turned to face him, the soldier leaning up against her doorframe with his arms crossed but a worried look on his face.

"in war, people always get hurt. whether that be physically or emotionally, it always happens. i'm gonna be fine, and if i'm not, that's ok. maybe i'll give one last go at getting the chips out of the rest of the clones." she joked, but part of her wanted to try. vana knew she shouldn't hang on to the things of the past, but when so many things went wrong at the same time, it's hard to let all of that go.

"how'd you deal with it?" he asked curiously.

"obviously, i didn't deal with it very well. everything went downhill from the moment my master was killed on coruscant. so, after everything else, i hid. i've been hiding ever since." she swore he knew the story, so she didn't care to go into much detail.

she heard a knock at her door, causing her senses to dial in. she rushed out of her bedroom and ushered all of the bad batch out of the living room, even the groggy omega, into a back room. anxiety washed over her as she opened the door, and upon seeing two stormtroopers, her stomach dropped.

"vana kenobi, you're under arrest for treason against the empire."

_______
why hello there. i'm honestly surprised you guys didn't get my little hint about her heritage in the last chapter, but that's all good. it gave me a good way to end this chapter on a cliffhanger, once again lol. anyways anyways! here is another update and probable expect another one soon because my muse is STUPID YALL. enough of my rambling, stay safe and healthy and remember i love you all!