𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

NOTE — THAT ONE GUY THAT CROSSHAIR SHOT IN EP 3 IS ALIVE FOR THIS thanks :)
also, italics are flashbacks :)

———

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" the jedi grumbled as she was pinned down once again by her best friend. the male laughed and offered her a hand, which she swatted away.

"that's what, the third time i've beaten you? come on, vana, you've got to step up your game." the male teased, stepping back to give her space to stand.

"you say one more word skywalker and i will haunt your dreams," vana threatened as she stood again.

"you already do," he smiled. the doors slid open to reveal obi-wan kenobi and commander cody, the soldier who was like an older brother to her.

"you seem to be doing well, given that you did just crash your fighter a few rotations ago." the jedi smirked, giving his daughter a look.

"anakin challenged me to a spar, and whether or not i like to admit it, he beat me every time." she panted, clipping her lightsabers back to her hips.

"yeah, i beat her like, five times." anakin laughed.

"three!" vana argued.

"whatever, i still beat you."

"with all due respect, sir, maybe you'd do better off with a blaster instead." the commander decided he made jokes now, and his said joke even made obi-wan laugh.

"oh shut up,"

________

her hands were clad in heavy, durasteel handcuffs and her mouth was covered with some sort of mechanism to prevent her from talking; they were acting like she'd spit fire out of her mouth to defend herself.

she was led into a ship, and she cast a look back at the house she had settled at, knowing that the bad batch were watching her get taken away. vana was scared for her and her friends' lives. her eyes were locked on the floor as she was sat down. dread welled up in her chest, causing her eyes to sting with tears. she couldn't lose it now, even if she had held it in ever since the order had been given. she remembered her past, the times she spent in her father's quarters just talking, the moments with her mother on mandalore, and how many pranks she and anakin pulled as padawans. why couldn't things go back to normal? why couldn't things go back to when life was simpler?

the ship jolted and she picked up her head, feeling an oncoming headache press into her temples. she closed her eyes a moment as she was prodded to stand. the blonde walked off the ship, her eyes flicking around the compound. it was all so...clean. her eyes slid back to in front of her and she realized where she was immediately based on who was standing in front of her: kamino. she didn't fight those who held her, but her stomach cramped with anger when she made eye contact with the kaminoans. she wanted them to feel her pain, her misery, and how she had lost everything.

"vana kenobi, i didn't think i'd see you back here so soon." lama su commented. vana's eyes hardened, but she didn't dare try and speak with the mask on her face. she was led down the stark white hallways, hallways she once ran through as a padawan. as she passed by clone troopers, grief hit her hard. she inhaled sharply as she walked, trying not to visualize her brothers under those helmets. she remembered each room and what they once held, and as she thrown into the brig, she even remembered being down there with her master.

the brig scared little vana. she didn't want to venture down to a place where criminals were held. her master reassured her nonetheless, telling her that she'd be right there.