1| I guess I do

NOVEMBER PRACTICALLY STUMBLED out of her house that September morning as she slipped on one untied converse while the other had been in her hand. Everything else about her looked perfectly fine, her hair tied up in a half up half down look while she wore jeans and a white tank top underneath her blue and white Eden Hall Ducks windbreaker.

Her white converse should have finished off the look had she actually put them on properly before leaving the house. But Adam Banks had to just come by her door in such a rush because apparently their fellow team member, Julie Gaffney, had asked for them all to come to school just a bit earlier that day, therefore causing the brunette girl to run out in distress, not having the time to slip on her other shoe.

It wasn't until she fell into the already opened passenger door, in courtesy of her boyfriend, had she finally let out a breath, fluttering her eyes shut and leaning back to slow her rush of the morning. A beat of silence passed. Peaceful silence as Adam slipped into the drivers seat beside her, glancing over to see her soft pants come to a slow.

He smiled at her, she smiled back, and it just then occurred to both of them what day it actually was. September first. First day of school. Their last first day of school. It took a moment for them to sink it in. They were seniors.

It felt like a day ago they were just freshmen, tiptoeing their feelings around one another while sulking 3000 miles apart. It all seemed so different back then. Neither had realised how much time had passed.

November sighed, raising her eyebrows as she smiled softly at Adam, letting her hand fall over top of his where it rested on the shaft. She nodded faintly, "ready?"

Adam slowly grinned, a light in his blue eyes as he looked at her smile. He chucked deeply, giving her a curt nod, "you wanna put your other shoe on first?"

Slowly, Nova's gaze fell to her feet, wiggling her toes as a frown slowly tugged at her lips. She sent the boy a glare, "dude come on," she sighed, "you couldn't have said that before I stumbled out of my house with one shoe on?"

Adam snorted a laugh, shaking his head as his eyes switched between her and his keys where he started up the engine. He gave his girlfriend an apologetic grin, "my bad..."

Nova rolled her eyes playfully as she slipped on her other shoe quickly, Adam not moving an inch of the car as he watched her. He watched as she finished up tying her laces. He watched as she reached for her bag and brought it up with her to set it on her lap. And just as he thought to start to leave her driveway, his eyes couldn't help but catch a glimpse of what she pulled out of her bag.

At that, he paused, unsure if his shoulders fell because of disappointment or because, deep down, not a part of him was surprised at all.

"Gummy bears?" He deadpanned, a bored look on his face. November snapped her gaze to him with a hum, stopping when she opened the ziplock of multicoloured gummies. "You've got to be kidding me."

Nova frowned, creasing her forehead as she looked down at the snack before looking back up at her boyfriend. "What?"

"You just pulled out gummy bears from your bag," Adam mused, contorting his face with the slightest twitch of a smile in his lips. "It's our first day of senior year and you just pulled out gummy bears."

November gave him a dumbfounded look. "Okay..." she eased out, shaking her head with a nonchalant shrug, "you keep saying that like it's a bad thing..."

"What are you? Five?" A laugh slipped through his words, almost breathy like he was in disbelief, "Nova, darling, I love you, but why do you have gummy bears in your backpack?"