Chuuya Gets Promoted

Slight spice ahead.

Chuuya paces himself slowly as he leaves Mori's office, trying to keep his cool.

But as soon as the door shuts behind him, he leaps into the air, breaking out in an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

Dazai's little scheme at Thanksgiving had done the trick, he was now a Port Mafia Executive, and he couldn't remember a time he'd ever felt better. Finally, a real chance to lead again after the Sheep, and access to the files about his past.

He let his laughter echo through the empty hall unfiltered...until Akutagawa appeared from around a corner, a rather puzzled look on his face. He furrowed his brows at Chuuya who smiled sheepishly.

Chuuya waited until he was out of sight before taking off down the hall, laughing again. Not bothering to hike down the stairs, Chuuya thrusts open a window at the end of the hall and leaps out. The air is cold as he lets himself fall, his laughter now ringing up toward the heavens as he plummets downward.

I'm an executive. I get to find out about my past. I'm an executive.

The thoughts replay over and over in his mind as he stares up at the clouds, so fixated on his joy he nearly forgets to use Gravity before hitting the ground. His feet meet the sidewalk clumsily, earning him concerned looks from a few passersby.

Paying them no attention, he runs down the sidewalk toward his apartment thinking, I have to tell Dazai.

He screeches to a halt in front of the apartment door, panting. His hand is on the knob, but just as he had been about to turn it he realizes he isn't sure how he should approach this.

Dazai doesn't do well with gratitude, or anyone relaying they think of him the least bit friendly in any way. Saying "thank you," or "I appreciate it" or "you're a good friend," would only make the brunette uncomfortable. Besides, are they friends?

Friends that sometimes kiss is what Chuuya referrers to him as in his own mind, but if he were to try to articulate that to someone....

Focus, damn it. He takes a calming breath. How to approach this?

Casually. Casual is good. Casual is appropriate. Casual would keep Chuuya from seeming too excited, which would save him from some teasing. Besides, Dazai is already an executive, the youngest ever (internal eye roll), so this news wouldn't even be a big deal to him, right?

Right. Casual.

Chuuya takes another deep breath, straightening his bun to ensure he doesn't look like someone that had just sprinted across the city in a fit over a job promotion.

Before he even steps foot in the apartment, Chuuya can sense something is different. The air that wafts into his face is warm and with it comes a sweet smell. Cake?

After slipping his shoes off in the doorway, Chuuya's surprise only grows. Before him he finds the countertop covered with silver dishes stacked with pastries, in the center of it a wine fountain. Furthermore, a congratulations banner hung over the TV, and the entire ceiling was obscured by floating red balloons.

Dazai sat on one of the counter stools, watching Chuuya's reaction to his setup intently.

"You knew Mori was promoting me today?" Chuuya asks, still looking around wide-eyed.

"My strategies always work, you know that Chuuya. Thanksgiving was a success."

"Thank--"

"Don't. You got yourself promoted, I didn't tell Mori anything that wasn't true."

When Chuuya's eyes finally land on his partner, he finds Dazai doesn't look as smug as usual, rather he looks nervous. He's sitting with one long leg tucked under himself, the fingers on one of his hands thrumming on the countertop. He isn't wearing his usual attire, rather dark jeans and a hoodie, and Chuuya has to admit he looks attractive.