Our Evenstar - Elrond Peredhel

Written for @Imaboredlolxd

y/n was in the bathroom yet again, after the smell of roses overwhelmed her, a scent she'd usually enjoy, but not today. She lurched forward and hurled the contents of breakfast from her stomach into the basin.

Afterward, she straightened her robes, rightened the position of her circlet, and left her chambers.

She'd felt like this when expecting Elladan and Elrohir, so she had an inkling of what was going on, but she just needed to be sure.

---------------------

"Hiril nin (my lady)!" The healers greeted as y/n stepped into the room, donned in the regalia of the Lady of Imladris. One of the healers, Athelaniel, stepped forward. "What is it you require assistance with, my lady?" y/n told her of her suspicions, and the other elf's eyes widened. "Wait here, just one moment, I need to run some tests..."

----------------------

"Thanks for the report, Glorfindel. We will be sure to look into the problem. Council adjourned!" The Lord of Rivendell spoke. As the elves made to leave, an attendant came up to him. "My lord, I have not seen Lady y/n ever since she left for the west wing of the palace. Do you have any idea where she may be?" This sent Elrond into a panic. 

"Continue searching, but do not inform the other elves until I say so."

The attendant nodded and dashed off.

Come to think of it, he hadn't seen her all day, except when he had left their shared quarters that morning for the meeting that had just ended. He worried that she may have strayed out of the borders of Rivendell, but if she had, guards would have informed him if they saw her leave. 

He rushed towards the west side of the palace.

----------------------

y/n had just left the healers, and they told her she was with a child. She felt excited, but it was then pushed back with fear. She had not discussed with Elrond about having a child so soon after the birth of the twins Elladan and Elrohir, and she worried how he might take the news. 

Lost in her thoughts, she did not look where she was going, and walked into Elrond, literally. Before she could fall, she felt a sturdy hand hold her waist. Looking up, she saw the stormy grey eyes of her husband staring back down at her.

"Hello, love. What, may I ask, are you doing?" Elrond spoke in his deep baritone voice. y/n giggled and answered, giving Elrond a peck on the lips. "Nothing, meleth nin (my love)! Except walking the corridors of course!"

"You were missing, or as Lindir had informed me. I was worried!"

Silence.

"I heard you went to the hospital wing. Are you ill? Or anything I need to worry about?"

"No, except..."

Elrond tilted his head curiously.

"I'm...I'm having a child..." y/n's voice nervously trailed off.

Elrond stood in silence as he contemplated this news. "This is exciting news! We're going to have a daughter!"

y/n smiled. This was better than she expected, she thought, as Elrond lifted her and spun her in the air before hugging her tightly.

-------

The day of the elleth's (female elf) birth came, and y/n was stuck n the hospital wing for quite a while. Hours later, the predicament had passed, and she was holding a newborn elfling in her arms. Elrond looked at the little one. "What shall we name her, love?"

"Arwen. Arwen Undomiel, for she will grow to be a noble maiden and the Evenstar for us all" y/n spoke tiredly, handing Elrond the glimmering Evenstar pendant passed on to her by her parents, Galadriel and Celeborn.

"We will be content. May all of Imladris rejoice!"

-------

Hey, hope you enjoyed this bit! I may not be able to write much, because Jimmy and I are busy with our Science materials. I'll try and write as much as I can! You can request below! For now, they're open. - Helena