chapter twelve ; safe with me

(2022 a/n: while editing this on my computer, i realized that i do not have the template for my banners. so, starting from this chapter, there won't be anymore banners until i can get a new phone/get my phone repaired. i hope you understand!)

your pov: 
after a while of what seemed to be hugging harrington, you broke the hug as you smiled at him. "you alright?" he asked as you nodded. "yeah, i'm alright." you said, fixing your jacket. "no no that's not what i mean, you just made contact with a tree. are you sure you aren't hurt or anything?" he asked as you looked at him with a soft and small smile.

the only contact i'm concerned about is me and ji-woon at this point.

"no, don't worry. i'll be fine." you said, smiling at him before walking away back to your tent. you kept walking, thinking about what took place earlier, and entered your tent as you sat down. you sighed as you looked around your tent; a bed that hugged your tired and weak body was present, your bag which seemed to be the only thing that came from your original realm, along with your journal, magnifying glass, and other stuff. there were clothes given to you so you would look.. presentable. 

you kept looking around, even at the little things, you kept observing the little things that was present with you in your tent; you tried to distract yourself from trying to enter another interval. you sighed as you held your head, covering your face as you laid down on your bed, letting out another sigh, but it sounded like you were frustrated, sad, and angry; because you are.

"is there something wrong, boo?" kate peaked at your tent as you glanced at her. "you seem to be quite upset and rather... quiet." meg peaked behind kate too, laurie and nea following suit.

you began to wonder if this was really going to be the time that you told them about what is really going on with you and trickster; these 4 were your very best friends, plus yun-jin, but if you even told yun-jin about it, she might not even be able to talk to you anymore because of the way she would see you in her eyes, which you really didn't like; you hated it when you disappoint people.

"I..well.."

you tried to speak, but nea quickly pulled in the 3 girls into your tent, zipping all openings up as they all sat down on a little mattress you have, enough that the ground won't touch your skin. "there is something you want to tell us, is there?" nea asked as you hesitantly nodded. "ooh, tell us, tell us! we want to know!" laurie shook your shoulders as you deeply inhaled.

now or never.

i shouldn't hide this anymore.

"if I told you.. would you not tell anyone else?" you asked as they looked at each other and nodded. "of course darlin'." kate assured you as you nodded. "if I told you, would you not judge me or anything?" you asked again as meg chuckled. "of course we wouldn't! we are your friends!" meg replied back as you nodded. "..alright, if I told you, would you not give me the silent treatment or anything?" you asked once again as the others sighed, laurie groaning from annoyance. "c'mon y/n! spit it out!" laurie said as she shook your shoulders aggressively.

this made you exclaim; "me and the trickster kissed!" and immediately after saying so, you covered your mouth. the whole tent fell silent, and there were four reactions; kate was covering her smile of both shock and happiness, laurie had her jaw dropped to the floor, meg had her eyebrows furrowed along with her jaw also dropped to the ground, and nea was crossing her arms totally freaked out by this.

despite them not even saying anything in this situation, you began to feel panic grow in yourself. you deeply inhaled. "I'm... s-sorry if this really.. upset you." you shakily said as kate began to squeal out of happiness, clapping her hands as meg does the same, while laurie shook the athlete's shoulders aggressively. nea, on the other hand, hugged you tightly as you looked at her with total surprise. "you really are dumb are you?" nea said as you looked down, knowing that this is the response that you expected of her, but she added more. "just please don't do anything dumb." she laughed as you looked at her with shock. "you aren't mad or anything?" you asked her as she shook her head. "why would i? i can't stop you anyways. and plus, i don't think you're the only one.." nea looked at the other 3, who began to blush as your eyes widened.

you stayed silent until you clapped while giggling. "i knew i wasn't!" you said out of relief as laurie giggled, meg hitting your shoulder playfully. "who do you guys like, though? i'm curious." you rested your chin on your hands as they began to huddle near you, trying not to let the others from outside the tent hear your conversation. 

"we.. we don't know actually. we just have this feeling that most of them are attractive. we also try to fight the feeling because of.. you know, who they are." laurie said, looking down as she sighed quietly. "maybe we're just running crazy in this place," meg chuckled, "but i think the trickster just somehow has a soft spot for you. and.. i'm happy for that because he won't be hurting you anymore. am i right ladies?" she looked around as nea nodded, laurie smiled and nodded while kate hummed happily in response. 

you smiled softly. "thank you.." you giggled. you sighed of relief as you felt yourself smile even more; the fact your best friends support you makes you feel happier than ever. however.

"do you want us to tell yun-jin?" laurie asked you as your eyes widened with fear; you still don't know how to tell yun-jin, despite her being your friend. you immediately shook your head. "please don't! i'll do it myself." you said. "you sure? we can do it for you!" meg volunteered as you shook your head once again. "i.. i don't want anyone else to know for now." you said as you looked down. kate mumbled an 'oh darlin' and hugged you tightly as you hugged her back. "your secret is safe with us. whenever you are ready, sweetie pie." kate reassured you as you smiled.

"thank you guys." you thanked them as they smiled back at you. "you're always welcome, y/n." nea chuckled. but little did both of you know, there was somehow somebody that was looking for you, and heard everything you and the others talked about. "y/n?" 

a voice called out to you, making you break the hug with kate as you looked up; your entire body tensed up as you saw yun-jin, crossing her arms with somehow a look on her face that didn't show she was happy; she always had this face, but this face just seemed a lot more than just upset. it seemed... angry.

"can we talk?" she asked as you gulped nervously. you nodded. "y-yeah sure! whatever y-you want to talk about!" you stuttered as you stood up slowly, walking over to her as she grabbed your wrist lightly before walking away into the woods, except not in the part where you and ji-woon would meet up in; it was the other way. you looked around as you knew that it was something personal, since she would just usually wait until you were all alone in your tent, but this time, it just seemed a whole lot different.

she sat you down on the ground in which she followed you suit. looking at her with a rather scared and anxious look. she then made eye contact with you, her emotionless eyes sending daggers of glares into your soul as your heart began to race from nervousness. 

"w-well.. what did you want to talk about..?" you trailed your voice which faded into a curious tone, asking her as she sighed.

"i heard what you and ji-woon did, y/n." 

(a/n: i apologize for the delay of uploading this chapter; i wasn't in my right mindset for the past few days! i hope you understand, and i surely hope you have enjoyed this chapter.)