part 15

Ant immediately regretted shouting out,knowing it would cause Dec to panic,but he didn't really have any choice,he had to warn him of the approaching danger.

"WHAT?" Dec called back.

"Ok Decs" Ant replied,in a raised but not bellowing voice,just loud enough for Dec to hear him "you need to come back to shore,quickly but calmly"

Even though Ant was trying to stay calm,Dec immediately sensed the fear in his voice and instinctively looked around him to see what the problem might be.

Then he saw it.

Looming threateningly in the water and getting slowly closer.

"ANT" Dec shouted out,in unimaginable panic "THERE'S A SHARK"

"DEC" Ant replied "please stay calm,don't panic,don't thrash around,you'll only attract it"

Of course Dec was in too much of a stressed state to listen to Ants advice and was flailing around desperately in the water,trying to get back to the beach.

The sharks shadow grew steadily closer and Ant was desperate for Dec to listen to his advice.

Ant was obsessed with any television programmes related to nature,especially what goes on out in the ocean and he remembered one about sharks and what you should do if one tried to attack,if only he could get Dec to listen.

The only thing he could do,Ant decided,was to make his way further out to sea where Dec would hopefully be able to hear him better.

Yes,he would be putting himself at risk as well as Dec and they might both end up being a sharks lunch,but he had to try,he and Dec had always said they'd die for each other,now it was time to put that to the test.

As he got closer to Dec,but still a good few metres away,Ant commanded Dec to listen to him,the shark was still far enough away that they could safely make it back to the shore if they played their cards right.

"Ok Declan" Ant stated "now,stop splashing and face the shark"

"FACE THE SHARK?" Dec shouted in disbelief.

"Yes,face the shark" Ant confirmed "don't take your eyes off it,you need to know where it is at all times"

"It's in the fucking sea..." Dec snapped "with me"

"Ok" Ant encouraged "stay calm,now gradually and slowly back up towards me,do it gently"

Dec followed Ants instructions,swimming slowly backwards,but he was understandably terrified as the shark came nearer,the movement in the water peaking it's curiosity.

"It's getting closer Ant" Dec cried "it's going to kill me"

He instinctively started splashing around fiercely in the water in a desperate attempt to get away.

"DECLAN" Ant snapped "STOP THAT"

"I want to get out of here" Dec wailed.

"You're just drawing attention to yourself" Ant pointed out "just carry on slowly backing up towards me"

Dec reluctantly obeyed Ants order,even though every single cell in his body was telling him to swim like crazy,but he had to trust Ant,that's all he could do.

"Ok,good" Ant smiled,as he coaxed Dec towards him.

"I don't want to die" Dec howled as the shark continued it's approach "help me"

"I am helping you Dec" Ant replied calmly "you just need to listen and do as I say"

Ant tried desperately to keep the rising fear and dread that he felt growing inside him hidden so as not to make Dec even more scared,if that was even possible.