Chapter 5

The next day after Kate had agreed to move in with Castle, things moved quickly. They went over to Kate apartment to pack everything into boxes, which would be taken to his loft as soon as possible. They really didn't waste much time when it came to their relationship; they both agreed that they had already wasted so much time in not getting together. Kate only had to take all of her clothes and her books that would be added to his already massive collection. The only other items she took were little items that had great value to her. Most of these items were stuff that her mother had given her while she was still alive. So after 6 boxes of clothes, 5 full and heavy boxes of books and 2 boxes full of other stuff that she wanted to take. They agreed that the rest of her furniture would be put into storage; they probably would use any of it again. Some of it might be given to Alexis to furnish her college dorm, but other than that they would collect dust in a dark and musty unit across town.

They were able to take all of Kate's stuff back to the loft in two trips. Kate's apartment was only about 10 blocks away, so it didn't take long to transport it all. Their home; it had a much better ring to it then Castle's loft. Kate had her own key from when he had given it to her just after they had started dating. Now she could use this key on her own free will; it was her home as well. Kate hoped it would stay that way for a very long time.

When they got back to the apartment building Rick let Kate open it with her key for the first time as their home. They went straight into the kitchen to get something to eat, as it was already 9. After about 5 minutes of searching for something to eat, they gave up. Today was normally the day when they went to the supermarket. Today they had been busy, so he did not mind if they had take out. "Hey Kate, what would you like for takeout? We could have Chinese or pizza? They choice is yours." Rick asked as the went to get the menus out of the right draw. It's not like he needed the menus, they both already knew what was on their and both had all the numbers saved onto their phones.

It took Kate awhile to answer but it was always the same "Chinese". Kate got out her phone and placed their orders at their usual place. Rick was the only one that knew what Kate liked to order and only Alexis, Martha and now Kate knew his. After placing the order, they both went to the couch and settled down to find something until the food arrived. Kate snuggled into the side of Rick, when he found a rerun of Firefly. At the end of the episode they were currently watching the doorbell rang.

"Stay Kate, I will get it." Rick got up from the couch and when to answer the door. He paid the teenage delivery boy that had their order. He took their orders back to the couch after getting forks. He placed the dinner the table in front of the couch and sat down next to Kate again. Kate turned the TV off and settled back onto the couch. After finishing their dinner, they sat back together on the couch, Kate had her back on Rick's chest. Their legs were in twine at the others end of the couch, with both of their hands linked on top of Kate's stomach. Once the movie that was on TV was finished, that neither of them were actually watching it; they moved towards the bedroom door.

This Monday morning was a special morning for both Rick and Kate. This week would be the first full week of them living under the same room. Well officially anyway. They both awoke as usual to the sound of Kate's phone going off. This morning it wasn't because she was getting a call saying they had to go to some part of town that was full of criminals. This day it was the sound of her alarm going off. She only set this alarm on days when she was only on call. It was set at 11 just in case she over slept. This had become a regular thing when she and Rick started dating.

"Kate, Please. Please. Just turn that off. You are only on call. We can just stay in bed." He pleaded with her. Kate got up and turned the alarm off. She fell back into to bed and turned onto her side and just stared at him. It was amazing how quickly he could go back asleep. She tried to go back to sleep; she really did, but that was no use. After about 20 minutes she gave up. Waking Rick up was another story, but she had a plan.