Chapter eleven:

I jump down the stairs one step at a time and fall down onto the sofa as Blake and my dad come and join me. In the middle of the room is a wooden coffee table with presents stacked up on them and cards scattered in front. Behind it is a banner which has been painted saying happy eighteenth.

I grab the present Thomas gave me from the side table and place it gently down on top of the others. I start unwrapping the gifts I got saving a few till last. I opened my dads and he got me a clock. It's an analogue clock that sits next to a lighthouse made of wood.

Next I opened Blakes. He got me some notepads and pens so I can continue writing. They got me a joint gift of a cocktail making set with two martini glasses, two margarita glasses and two hurricane glasses.

The last gift to open was Thomas's. I tore off the wrapping gently to reveal a white box. I slid off the lid and placed it on the table to show a black velvet cushion with a necklace on it. It had a gold chain and a small rose pendant. Next to the rose, on the chain is a circular disk with my name across it. It's beautiful.

I take it out the box and tie it around my neck with the rose sitting in between my collar bones in the middle of my chest.

The day went quickly just like the following day and before I knew it, I was on my plane back to Paris. The trip was short as usual, I took the taxi back and unpacked. I text Thomas saying I was back and he invited me around for dinner.

I changed into something more comfortable but still looked nice. I wore a white laced top and black ripped jeans. I tied up my white air forces and made my hair into a half up half down bun so you could see my necklace. I haven't taken it off since I got it.

I knocked on the door and he opened it almost instantly. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him. We ordered pizza and ate while watching a movie. We sat side by side while we finished the last slices of the bbq pulled pork pizza.

We watched a horror movie first. We sat in the living room but once it finished we cleared up and sat in the bedroom as it's more comfortable. He sat leaning against the headboard as I sat in between his legs with my head against his chest. We watched a rom-com as I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

I fell asleep in his arms as the warm summer breeze blew in from the open doors. I can feel his chest rising and falling with each breath and the beating of his heart. The following morning when I wake up he is still asleep with his head resting on mine.

I slowly get up to get a drink as his head falls back to lean on the headboard. I stand in the kitchen filling up a glass of water as I hear someone behind me. I turn around to see Thomas walking through the doorway rubbing his still tired eyes. His beautifully blonde hair loosely falling over his hazel orbs which he brushes out the way.

We eat breakfast together and walk around the city. We stay out for lunch but go back to our houses for dinner. I jump down onto the end of my bed with my legs crossed turning the television on to watch something. The news is on so I listen quietly to what they have to say as I begin to make notes on a new book that I have decided to write.

They talk about random things but I'm not really listening until they mention John Puissance who peaks my interest as he is the owner of most of the apartments in the city. He owns the building I live in and a couple around this area. He also owns the building Thomas lives in.

"The owner of the ninety percent of the housing in Paris has just passed." It was a woman speaking with a guy in a suit next to her. "John Puissance died yesterday at the age fifty eight. He died from a condition in the heart. His son Zach Puissance will be taking over the business within the next couple of days."

"Maybe he could lower the rent around here." I laugh to myself, turning off the screen and going to sleep.

***

Another week passes and the Puissance company has been doing extremely well. They were working through the buildings making them more profitable and more luxurious to live in. In the time that's been happening I have been going out with Mia more as Thomas hasn't been free much.

~~~

(A/N)
Sorry again for not updating in a while but I should be able to update more frequently. Thank you so much for reading I hope you like it.