chapter three

You stepped out of bed and slipped on a pair of shorts and a long sleeve top. Newt stood outside of the door and waited for you, smiling.
Frypan was there too, he was one of your best friends. He was also the only person who you had told how you truly felt about Newt (all though everyone else could see you guys liked each other).
"Goodmorning you big shank" you laughed to Frypan, elbowing him in the shoulder.
"Shuck y/n...for someone who's been knocked out for a week you really are energetic" he joked, elbowing you back.

As you walked with Newt and Frypan, you realized you were heading towards the pits.
"Where are we going?" you asked, giving Newt a confused look.
He turned and stopped you in the middle of the glade.
You looked over to Frypan to see if he was as confused as you were but he was just looking at Newt.
"It's Gally y/n" Newt whispered, "he took over the glade...convinced everyone Thomas was the one at fault"
You furrowed your brow.
"Thomas hasn't woken up yet so Gally wasn't gonna banish him til he could confront him. He's been in the pit since he was knocked out"
Frypan added.
You looked over at Gally who was working with the rest of the builders.
"Has he come to see me?" you ask.
"Everyday" they answered in unison.
"Just like the rest of us..we couldn't lose you. We were all worried" Newt added.
You gave them a smile and Frypan laughed.
"Don't get all dewey here, we just love you okay..leave it at that" he joked.
You smiled another great big smile before continuing to walk towards the pits.
"you coming?" you asked, turning and walking backwards so you were facing them.
Frypan nodded and waved you off, showing that he'd be there in a minute.
"Your lucky Newt..i know every guy here would die to have her look at them the way she looks at you" Frypan whispered to him.
Newt watched you walk away before smiling back at Frypan.
Frypan placed his hand on Newts shoulder and they walked after you in silence.

- - -
You opened the gate of the pit and hopped in.
Teresa was seated on the bench with Thomas' head in her lap, running her hands over his hair. When you landed beside her she smiled up at you.
"You look good" she said eyeing your stomach. "how you feeling?".
"Good" you responded, kneeling down in front of Thomas.
His eyes were going crazy behind his eyelids.
"Jeff said he was gonna wake up today" Teresa said, watching as Newt and Frypan leant against the gate above you.
"I don't know what's gonna happen when he does though" she added, running her hands over his hair.
"He'll be okay Teresa" Minho said from above you.
You looked up to see him smiling at you.
"Hey you dumb shank" he mocked. "you had me worried sick"
You joking blew him a kiss before turning back to Thomas.
He was sweating now and shaking slightly in his sleep.
"Has he been like this all week?"
"All week" Teresa responded.
As you looked down at Thomas' pulsing veins, you were startled by the sudden jump his body made, causing him to sit upright with his eyes wide open.