Tryouts

"Would you care to explain to me what happened with the letter?" Hermione gave a sharp look to harry. "Did you chicken out?"

Ron is currently in detention along with dean and Seamus for writing a love letter to Professor McGonagall. Ginny is away with luna helping her to find nargles which she doesn't believe but only being kind to luna.

"No, I was not" denied harry.

"Well, I was finishing my letter and suddenly ron popped out in the library, in a way to hide it from ron I have thrown the letter under the table. After he left I totally forgot about the name. I've gone to owlery where I couldn't find hedwig anywhere so--"

Harry was interrupted " oh Hedwig" she blurted.

"What happened?"

"I burrowed Hedwig harry, I'm sorry I didn't ask for your permission. It's that I haven't written to my parents since I came here" she looked awful.

"Come on mione, I was the one who told you could use Hedwig anytime you want. Don't feel bad about this. Besides, I don't feel like I'm ready yet." Harry confirmed.

"Thanks harry. Not ready? What does that mean?" she asked

"I mean..." He inhaled and continued  "what if she rejects me?"

"Harry, not this again," says Hermione shaking her head in anticipation.

"No listen, yesterday cho cried her eyes out in front of me and I realised I would end up just like her. I'll be the most miserable person in the world" he whined.

Mione sighed "you're way worse than ron" she rolled her eyes "don't you think you are imagining too much?"

"Of course not" he shrieked. "It's ginny, my friend and my best friend's sister. This feeling I have for her could make me lose both of them..maybe you too" he abruptly got silent and sat back on the couch.

Hermione regretted for she said before. She stood up as she walked to harry and hugged him. "You would never lose me, neither ron nor ginny" she smiled through tears. "You can confess to her whenever you feel right...okay?"

Harry smiled and hugged her back. They broke "these days I think about her all the time. My stress will be relieved like that." Said harry smiling to himself daydreaming.

Hermione chuckled "I've never seen this side of you harry, I can't wait to see you two together"

"Hi, Harry!"

Harry and Hermione looked up to see Romilda Vain along with her friends. She is giggling running her hands through her curly hair in a flirty way.

"Hi," Harry said awkwardly. The girls giggled again. Harry looked at Hermione helplessly, she just shrugged.

"We are so excited to watch you play today, Harry. We will cheer for you" she clapped her hands in excitement. Other girls squeaked.

Harry looked confused. "Actually Romilda, we are not playing against anyone. It's just tryouts and I'm the captain, you don't have to cheer for me"

Hermione lightly grinned in the background.

The girls looked at each other shocked.
"Still harry, you are deserved to be cheered. See you later" she blew a kiss at him and walked away along with the girls.

Harry rolled his eyes whilst Hermione laughed.
_________________________________

"You're glowing potter, is it because of Quidditch or something else?" Teased ginny as she passed harry in her quidditch robes. 

Presently they are walking to the quidditch pitch. Harry didn't understand what she meant by something else. But he's pleased that she's the old ginny again.

"I'm natural glow, Weasley" Harry smirked.

"Don't flatter yourself, potter" she sticks out her tongue.

"Weren't you supposed to call me captain?" Harry sneered.

Ginny taken aback "I still didn't make the team harry or did you already select me without the tryouts?"

"Despite your wonderful Quidditch skills...tryouts are compulsory Ms Weasley,"  Harry said.

Ginny blushed a little at his sudden compliment. After some comfortable silence ginny talked "so, is cho coming?"

Abruptly harry looked at her. Why did she suddenly bring cho into the conversation? thought harry.

As he was about to answer some of ginny's friends who are also trying out came behind her and asked for ginny to join them. "See you there, Harry" she smiled and ran to her friends.

Harry just stood there thinking 'can't I just talk with you for some time without any interruption' he sighed and made his way to the pitch.
_____________________________________

"Hello, granger" greeted Cormac Mclaggen. Ginny and Hermione sat next to each other in the stands.

Mione rolled her eyes "what do you want?" She asked Cormac.

"Feisty," he said as he smirked.

"Don't make me hex you mclaggen." Ginny stepped in between mione and Cormac.

He laughed out "girl Weasley, you think I'm scared of you?"

"You will be scared when I find you a bed in the hospital wing."

Cormac was about to speak when mione stopped him "gin, let's go. He's not worth it"

"You took a wrong decision Granger, everyone knows I'm a lot better than Weasley" Cormac called after them.

Hermione walked back to him.
"The only wrong decision I would have made is if I chose you and don't even compare yourself with ron" glared Hermione leaving a shocked Cormac behind him.

Thank you for the support

Love ya❤